Why yes, this is my 101st post! And what a wonderful day to use it!
1) There are puppies and kittens out by the dorms today. AMG, greatest way to shamelessly plug the Humane Society! :3 Annnnnd I got to hold a baby kitten!!! It was so adorable, teeny little blackish one with a hint of gray! We think it was afraid of heights, it would start mewing a bunch, so I ended up making a little nest for it to snuggle in with my arms--where it promptly fell asleep. It was so soft and light and fuzzy! :D
2) Today we had two of our classmates for Ideas in History play their cellos for us, it was quite impressive. Followed by a trip to the Music Museum and wandered around there for the rest of class. Yay for something enjoyable for once!
3) I really should be working on my 12-15 page major paper for Ideas in History, but I don't really want to. Even though the topic really isn't that much of a mood killer. It's taking a bunch of stuff we read and relating them to Maslow's hierarchy of needs. At least that's what I chose to do it off of. But gah, that's too much writing....So instead of working on this paper, I'm obsessing over this:
Ohhhh yes......by far one of the most anticipated books to come out in a long time. Bigger than Sherrilyn Kenyon's books in my opinion. Just for recording sake, it's about John Matthew and Xhex. Messed up little relationship (but by far not the most messed up), and they finally got their own book! Plus JM has been in most all of the books by now....and he's mute. But that makes his character just a little more cool.
I must admit, JR Ward has a way of messing with someone's head. She's not one of my favorite authors. Frankly the writing is left to be desired, or maybe I just don't appreciate gangsta speak and shameless product plugs that are unnecessary as hell. Also, it's pretty fucked up when Ward says she has no control over the characters. Uhm, YES, yes you do. It just depends on what your imagination comes up with as the best solution. My god....anyhow.
Now the thing with Ward is that she has disappointed us in the past. In V's book, she killed off Jane. Fuckin' A, you don't kill off the heroine unless you have a good reason!! Granted, there wasn't much else of a choice, but oh well. However, that's just it...I was sort of afraid that she would disappoint the same way. Not so much with John & Xhex, but after doing some skimming....
Well, to start. I was skimming through reading little parts, and when I was looking at the beginning I realized that I was reading a totally new point of view: Blaylock's. So YAY! Did some more searching, and whadya know, there's Qhuinn's point of view. To put long story short:
Ahh, so glad to see you two again. Aren't they smexy? Hells yes....
Anyhow, to explain these two. Say hello to Blay and Qhuinn. They've been BFFs since forever, and BFFs of John Matthew. But here's the deal! Blay's gay. Qhuinn's got one blue eye and one green eye. Blay loves Qhuinn. Qhuinn loves Blay, but that would mean just one more reason to be an outcast besides the different eye colors. Qhuinn's confused as it is because he's bi, but now that he knows how Blay feels, he can't get his bestie out of his head.
Now, for Lover Mine. Primarily, Qhuinn's so bull-headed that he thinks that special woman will help him remedy his outcast-ness. It's not going to work, so why suffer the way they are? Pfft....To put it simply, Ward's too damn good at creating dynamic characters. Which is why I love these two too much to want them with anyone else.
The good news that I got today is that they WILL in fact be together. But not in Lover Mine, not quite yet. Hopefully the next one will, though. Grawr!
And just to bask in the full awesomeness that was in the above picture:
Hmmm...interesting.



No comments:
Post a Comment