If I ever tell myself that a class is going to be good for me or for my career, or that it'll improve my skills in a particular? Yeah, punch me in the face and yet NO, NO IT WON'T until I stop thinking that.
I thought this interviewing class would be good for me. Ohhh no, instead I have more anxiety than I know what to deal with and it's my fucking SPRING BREAK, the one week that I've got where I don't have to stress over whether I'm able to get school or work related things accomplished.
Fuck this. I don't want to stress about contacting a registered nurse, healthcare professional, or whatever it is you want me to do. No, I'm not going to go to a nursing home to job shadow and watch how they interview people. Wanna know why? Because what sort of facility is going to be stupid enough to go "Oh suuuure, we'll totally just let you in and watch our nurses with our patients because confidentiality is totally not a priority here!" or the more likely "Ahh, well typically when scheduling appointments we prefer you give us more notice, the doctor's scheduled straight through the week..."
I know I'm biased, because I have no intention of going into the healthcare industry, much less an interest in it. But seriously. Give us more than a school week to get this assignment done, because you've got to be kidding me if you assume a majority of us will be getting it done over the break. The only reason I'm even considering doing it tomorrow or Sunday is because my neighbor had gone to school for nursing, and I don't even think she's a registered nurse. As far as I know, she is/was an LPN, and according to the internet that's the job you get BEFORE becoming a registered nurse.
But you know what, I don't care. I'm not in the healthcare industry, so I don't know what the whole ranking scale goes, and I've no doubt that the reason we have to interview the RN/healthcare professional is because it's assumed they develop deeper relationships with patients--which in my opinion, is complete bullshit. No matter what level of nursing you're at, you have to ask your patients questions, and you're going to get information whether you ask for it or not. I've had the same doctor since I was a baby, but the nurse that's taken care of my family has been the same, too, and if anything she's closer to us than the doctor is.
Fuck this anxiety. I don't need this stress. And if she doesn't understand that 1) I was busy during my Spring Break, and 2) I have work related events that take up the rest of my week back, so 3) I have to make do with what I can on short time, then that's her problem. I'll take whatever grade she gives because frankly, there's no way I'll meet all of her requirements for this one....
Damn. Anxiety makes me type more than I planned to. Gah. Also, I hate you internet, dropping out ever 2 minutes for the past 20 is REALLY annoying.
/rantdone
No comments:
Post a Comment