Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Start 2010 With a Bang

This link is interesting. --> http://www.scientificblogging.com/science_amp_supermodels/would_female_orgasms_kill_men

This link is a lie. -->http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/article6973971.ece#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=797093

I don't know where to begin. I mean honestly, they needed to study this? Granted, this posed a very interesting study, but come on. It's the British. 1800 women can be a lot of women, but all of them were British. What if Americans have better sex than the British, or what about Australians? Australians might've been originally British way back when, but they're a lot more lax nowadays...or so I've heard.

Secondly, we're dealing with identical and non-identical twins. Great, you made there was no correlation for twins. However, break the numbers down: 1800 women, all of them with twins--that makes 900 households. After some digging, I found out there were over 24 million households in Great Britian, nearly 21 million of them in England (year 2001). It really makes 900 seem pretty small. And of those 900, the women spanned the ages of 23 to 83. Math says this averages to be about 15 people per year of age. 15 is a.....nice number, I guess. But when trying to gauge how many women have a G-spot, it's questionable. Maybe if this is the estimate for British women. But I say it's vague enough that we can exclude a large portion of the world. Or maybe I like denial, who knows? :P

One part really struck me, however.

Andrea Burri, who led the research, said she was anxious to remove feelings of “inadequacy or underachievement” that might affect women who feared they lacked a G-spot.
Really? Feeling inadequate for not having a G-spot? I would say that's pushing it. The G-spot is that spot you stumble across accidentally when you're trying a new position. Now having an orgasm, I can see where women would feel inadequate for not having orgasms. This sort of situation, though, just says that your man is pushing a little deeper than usual...just sayin'.

With this sort of study, a major variable is in fact the partner, too. Sure, let's use the same guy for all of these tests--sounds nice, but when there are 83 year old women involved...doesn't sound as awesome. However, the alternative is most likely trying to induce an orgasm scientifically, which would be pretty difficult to find romantic, and thus even having an orgasm would be quite a feat. And it's not really the man's fault, either.

All in all, men can try to make sex more interesting, but it's not their responsibility to search out and locate a woman's G-spot. Sex is not a chore. We appreciate the effort, but if you're a guy who cares, let us give a little, too. At least that's just me. Too much to explain there.

Bottom line: British women don't have G-spots. The rest of the world, debatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment