I try to stay positive, I really do. I want to be able to say that it's no big deal, and that this semester will be awesome and great and stress-free. But I just can't. Just because they put me on 4th floor--again--for the second year in a row--doesn't mean that I'm a second thought and that housing could care less about me. Even though I never wanted an all-girls floor, that doesn't mean they think I deserve whatever-the-fuck-am-I-thinking.
Exactly. What am I thinking? That housing really couldn't give a shit about what you request. Ahh you want the co-ed Honors floor? Well fuck you, we'll put you on sky-high all-girls 4th floor! Don't worry, you'll only have to put up with 60 girls pumped full of estrogen and tears, and the ceiling only leaks every other day when the snow melts off the roof.
Why is it my only saving grace is the fact that I know I now have a large whiteboard waiting for me next to my door, and my window faces the south. Nothing like Burger King outside your window to remind you of home just a little more.
I'm psyched that I have Laurel and Cira on my staff, I really am! Even though I don't even know how much they'll be around for training, since marching band has practice in the next week or so or whatever. But save for Joe, whom I'm hoping won't follow me around like a frigging dog for the next two weeks, I don't really know my staff. Is that a big deal? Nah. But knowing them, they'll insist we sit together as staff during the entirety of training, and on top of dressing up in ridiculous outfits for the 'bonding' I'm sure they'll still insist on still doing the icebreakers every day. FML.
I swear, this job needs a disclaimer saying that prior acting experience is required. I'm definitely not feeling the enthusiasm now, I doubt I'll feel it when training actually starts up (fuck, 9am training?!), and I know I won't feel it when they make us act out some lame-ass skit because it's supposed to bring about 'bonding'. BS.
.........I'm also starting to think that I should get out of TracFone. I'm cool with my phone and all, and I've been lucky with their services. Annnnnd then I found out that I can receive international texts, but can't send them. Wtf? From the looks of it now, TracFone doesn't allow international texting. Well guess what. That CA job is a source of income, and I'm starting to think it's time I switch to Verizon or something. Prepaid or contract, idk. It's a vulnerable time for me, one where people could convince me to go into shitty phone contracts or lure me into horrible phone providers. But Verizon is by far the most popular around here, and since my uncle had to show my mom that Android phones have an app for listening to police scanners...hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment