Friday, August 5, 2011

This Really Has No Point To It

Ugh. In my reminiscing of Nancy Drew games, I'm starting to notice random crap that I otherwise never cared to notice until now. I otherwise wasn't a big fan of the Scarlet Hand one 'cause frankly I could care less about Mayan stuff, but it has a strange place in my heart solely with the Verm reference. Trust me, it feels weird when you're dialing your own area code into a game.

The Phantom of Venice was always one I avoided playing because some of the puzzles are a serious pain in the ass. I don't know what I hate more, the filling/draining pits to find the end, the filling/draining meters to end the game, the horrible dancing shit, the damn scopa that is otherwise very fun when you're not cursing at it for screwing you over.....and yet I feel like it's by far one of the best storylines they've had in the games. Sure, I love some of the others for their locations and characters and plots, but there was something about having to cross into the dark side to get the job done that made it much more...intriguing.

Then I just had to go and reinstall White Wolf. Where it never dawned on me that oh shit, it's set in Canada. And now everything Canada-related plagues me and makes me either want to shake my head, cry, or insultingly giggle at every moment. I didn't notice with any amount of caring that there was a big maple leaf behind the desk. I didn't realize that the character from Toronto has the most stereotypical Norwegian/Canadian accent I've ever heard, now that I know no one from there actually sounds like that. I'm scared of what else I'm going to come across. D:

I knew I should've bought the cheap download version of the one in New Orleans. I've been itching to play it and its semi-creepiness just because I've been reading a couple books set there. Although I really should download Blackmoor Mansion too then...

Anyways. HCB decided to delete his grad school account, so I gave him crap for it. Now I can compliment his little bro's awesomeness around people who actually know his little bro. :3

At least he waited till I got his home account before deleting the grad one. And I was due to give him crap for something, since it's been about a week since he bothered me two days in a row. I like to think he may actually miss me just a *teeny* bit. The bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment