Note to self: I really must blog here more often.
Things have been going smoothly over here. Currently I'm spending my summer doing what I like to call "As little as possible while accomplishing as much as possible." How do I do this? By spending my days playing Sims 3. When I'm not playing Sims, I'm busy reading or sewing. I've finished about five books and almost one quilt since college let out.
Speaking of books, this week absolutely killed me. Yesterday I went out and bought five more books to read:
Hard and Fast - Erin McCarthy
In Other Worlds - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Cupid Cats - Katie MacAlister & Vicki Lewis Thompson, et al
An Unforgettable Lady - JR Ward
The Know-It-All - AJ Jacobs
(Guess which one is not like the others....)
So I have a bit of reading ahead of me for the next month or so. Then when I'm not reading, I'm busy sewing. I like to think of my quilts as coming together in three parts: the Quilt Top phase, the Quilting phase, and the Binding phase. So far this summer, I've got one quilt top finished and is off at the Pin Cushion to have the amazing ladies there quilt it for me! Which is actually about the farthest I've gotten on my own...now I have a second quilt, which I actually had nearly completed last summer, that I want to finish. It's at the final stages of the quilt top, and then I can give it to my grandmother for quilting. She knows some ladies that do hand quilting three days a week at the senior center, and I think this quilt will be perfect for that. Once that one past the quilt top stage, THEN I want to start on a Rhythm & Blues quilt with this awesome frosted fabric I got....yeah, I have plans. But so little time for them all, lol.
Lately, though, I haven't had the motivation to do either, really. I seem to spend the most time playing Sims 3, which really is a bad habit to get into. I did get a break with the latest Nancy Drew game, but I really need to go through it a second time because I missed so much the first time around. Gahhh...
On the upside, both White Collar and Psych are having their season premieres this week. Yes! And both of of those shows have their season DVDs releasing on Tuesday. Double YES!
But anyhow. I guess the biggest hurdles to cross will come the 16th on. Sam is going to be spending the night at our house for her birthday, so we're talking probably the night of the 17th & 18th busy. Then on the 20th we're driving to the Amana Colonies. It wasn't my original plans for spending my birthday, but it's better than nothing really. And it's not like I'm turning 21 or anything major....I'm easily pleased. I remember for a few years straight my birthday plans were to curl up on the couch and watch Dale Jr's DVD. I can't even remember what it was called, but I was young and appreciated the sight of his shirtless, all-too-skinny ass...gawd.
I don't want my summer to disappear so fast. But I sort of miss my Verm friends, too. :/
No comments:
Post a Comment