Thursday, July 15, 2010

Once In a Blue Moon

Well first of all, say hello to the new banner up above! Since Blogger widened their blog sizes, it was beginning to bother me that my banner wasn't stretching all the way across....so I made a new one. Which of course led to more feelings of "OMG I HATE GIMP!!one!1!", but I think I did pretty damn well for such a simple program. I still wish it was able to do all of the things that Paint Shop Pro 7 was able to do, but whatever...

I think it should also be mentioned that the photo itself is one that I've taken. It's of Sylvan Lake in the Black Hills, originally a panoramic shot that I shortened up a little bit. I was also experimenting with lighting and exposure on this particular trip, which is why the sky is white instead of blue. :/ But it's why I love South Dakota. Like my old banner, it was a lame picture taken out of the windshield of our car. We were in the Badlands, though, and with that little bit of curvy road in there, with the song lyrics so directed towards cars, it ended up being perfect. This is a very photographic state that I'm lucky to live in.

Don't be surprised if the banner changes again, though. I'm looking for a suitable quote to put in the lower right hand corner. For some reason, something from the Sleep Talking Man is calling out to me...even though the quotes would probably be entirely opposite of anything that ends up here. Egotistical quote up there? Not really reflective of what this whole thing is...but it would match my sense of humor perfectly. Hmmm.....just had a thought. "Learning to live like the hamster, with hamster virtues." Now THAT would be perfect. Much different from the cheesy song lyrics that I had up there before. Granted that's the entire inspiration of the blog title, but hey, sometimes change is for the better. :3

And now for the reason of this post. It's spotty at most for me to remember any of my dreams, and most of the dreams I do remember aren't really worth remembering because of some very uneasy feelings afterwards. Whether or not they're nightmares or not is yet to be decided....like a short while ago I had a strange dream. I had purchased my first house. It was a small house, but it was cute and clean, even though the neighborhood was really strange and was apparently the area to drag race. Ironically, the street I live next to currently? Very much loved by the drag race kids. Yeah. :/ Long story short, I had this moment in my dream where I sort of realized "What the hell? I'm too young to be buying my own house! This isn't the time for me to be buying my own house! What about my parents?!" In hindsight, it wasn't that bad, but I think the fact that I had no roommates either seemed to only extrapolate those feelings of loneliness....So when I woke up, I did have that sort of nightmarish tug.

I remember another dream I had a month or so ago, also. It was weird, because it was set on campus, and there was snow everywhere. Snow? I think it was snow....I think it was a blizzard. Sadly it's been a while now since I last thought about it, but all I remember was people everywhere indoors and really shitty weather outside. Sort of like a blizzard/tornado warnings. It was one or the other. But that one really sucked, really. I hate winter...mostly because I have to walk in it to get to classes. Grawr.

The dream I had last night, however, was a lot different. It was actually pretty awesome, and I don't remember my awesome dreams. If I do, it only happens once in a blue moon or so. Anyhow, I was going on a plane trip to someplace in California with some small group of kids. I'd say about five of us total. We had some older guy that was leading us around and stuff. Now the dream was set in what I would describe as an airport/college campus. The campus part was mostly because towards the end, I ran into a guy I know from college at this same and/or similar location. That was only a small snippet, though, so I think it was mostly an airport. A very pretty airport, with lots of windows. It also had multiple floors on one side, sort of like there were three stories or more. Definitely not any airport I've ever been in. It was a very pretty building though, almost business-like. I think it was the windows and openness of the building that didn't give me any uneasy feelings. And it was sunny! :D

Now for the fun part. This little group of five of us were on this special secret trip. Super secret! We were on a manhunt. I don't know why, but we had to go find this particular dude amongst a crapton of other people. There was even a fun chase, where we had to jump from floor to floor to try and catch the dude. It was pretty intense, but we did get them. The whole thing just felt very FBI-ish? I don't know, maybe White Collar's premiere got to me the other night, even though I wasn't paying nearly enough attention to it, lol!

I think the best part of the dream, though, came at the end. We were heading back to the plane and stuff, and that older dude who took us on the trip? He said something about having another whole mission thing back in that same city or something like that. And I was totally thinking HELL YEAH SIGN ME UP! So that is pretty much how my dream ended. Very optimistic that I was going on this awesome adventure soon, and had just completed an awesome adventure. It was so very strange....but damn, was it fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment