Saturday, November 13, 2010

CA Interviews: Part Deux

I don't usually like starting off my mornings before 10am, much less 8 when I have to get up for classes. So today I had to get up at 7:30 so that I could go to CARS at 8 freaking 30 in the morning. I think I started it off right though, I made sure my alarm was set to play 'Fuck You' when it went off. Success!

And no, I was not late, despite what HCB said when I came downstairs. I was perfectly on time, on the dot. But he, now he was earlier than the rest, so I made sure to give him crap for it afterward. It was fantastic, I even made sure he knew it when I said "You were actually pretty early this morning...almost say that you were a bit premature there." And his response was "I always come early." And to top it off, he had one of those grins where it seemed like he was smiling, but was really close to laughing. That sort of thing. Double success! :P 

CARS went pretty well, too. I didn't have to dress up too fancy, unless my Nascar jersey counted as fancy. I also wore my Candies boots, which got more attention than anything else...of course, lulz. Plus it was awesome getting to lead a group! Us leaders John, Brookney and I had to dress up as a particular sport (for the Gatorade theme) so I was Nascar, John was football, and Brookney was soccer. Which was slightly amusing since it was technically football and football.... :P Then Brookney borrowed Hot Canadian Bacon's Liverpool jersey with his name on the back, so we gave her crap if she said something strange or was acting weird. Which is quite common, but that's why we love her!

My group was a pretty decent group, but we only had one guy amongst them. He was kinda strange, and by far the oldest of them all. Has a good sense of humor, but it's sort of misplaced. The rest were girls, and as a collective they were pretty good, too. I think I was enjoying the whole moving from one room to another to see how everyone does things more. First room we went into was led by Trapper and Dave, and after getting disoriented by the whole musical chairs that happened beforehand, it was certainly interesting. The group did really good in actually talking right away. Trapper was a lot more serious than I thought he'd be during the whole deal, and Dave always has to give me shit for my clothing choices...not like he has much else to pick on me for, ha!

Second room was even more fun, that one was led by Jared and HCB. Not gonna lie, but HCB topped Trapper in strangeness this time. I was amused that HCB made everyone say where they were from, mostly because it was his chance to say he was from just outside Toronto. Then when Jared & him got the kids to work on their little activity, he had his strangeness show. So he unstacked the extra chairs on the side and put one down for me, then he took a second one and put it directly behind me and facing the window. Just picture the chairs back-to-back, but with about two and a half feet between them. He really wanted to look out the window apparently? I dunno, it was just really amusing to me. Although I was also really impressed with the way HCB asked questions too about why they were choosing the order of their important messages in the activity. It was pretty sweet. Then when Jared took over, HCB sat down in the last extra chair against the wall, facing me. I thought there were psychological messages behind the whole sitting and facing people thing.....I dunno.

Last room was the egg drop one, with Kristi, Dan and Manda. I love Dan, he's so sweet, and him and Trapper together last year for my CA interviews was pretty great too! I think the most amusing part was who we all had in the room. It was like a strange game of musical chairs there, too. I sat down next to Andrew, Andrew moved to the other side of the chairs, Terrance moved over one, and Dillon Dell & Taylor swapped sides also. Dell is so freaking weird....he not only stole one of the other CA's hats and wore it awkwardly during the activity, he also sat there next to me and drew a picture. It was weird. He was slaying a dragon only a third larger than him and I was in the drawing. Gah..... D: Then Terrance stole my purple pen. I think part of that was retaliation for Brett and I writing on his whiteboard that we took something from his room and he had to guess what it was....but we hadn't actually taken anything. It was sure tempting, though! But ahh, the paranoia is so much more fun. :3

Then after the sessions was lunch. That was largely reminiscing about last semester's interviews with Missy, who was one of the girls in my group. Then the rest of it was yelling at Trapper across the cafeteria and him constantly telling Missy that she was fired. I was told I was fired by him too at one point. I felt pretty special. :D

Then I've had desk work since 2 today. That's always fun. Quite a few parents, some residents...best part was when Annie and Janessa came by. She'd told me Friday that her mom had made lemon bars, and one of the containers had HCB's name on it. Of course, Friday was a messed up day so I barely saw him during my shift, but Annie was willing to give me one! So now today I saw her, and I had to say "You know, HCB's in his room right now.... :D "

Now this is how you get Hot Canadian Bacon to come out of his room and fetch the lemon bars that Annie's mom made...

Me: I have something you want.
HCB: hookers?
Me: Maybeh.
HCB: my one true love?
Me: YES
HCB: doubt that
Me: You don't know that
Me: Well, it is lemon-y...
HCB: I'll be right out
Me:  :D

Bahaha, the three of us were giggling so hard when we were messaging back and forth. We even hid it momentarily under my sweater for good measure. I think the best part was that he was willing to share one with me, yessssssss......I also learned one of his favorite songs is Wonderwall. I knew American Woman was one of his other favorites (for obvious reasons), but now I can add to that list.

Now I'm hoping that he'll get sushi made like right meow. Because I'll eat anything that he'll give me.....damnit.... >.>

Which reminds me of another interesting night. Thursday night, HCB and Danny were hanging at the front desk with us recounting their crazy nights from the previous evening because we didn't have class Thursday. Now, earlier that night HCB had talked about one of the girls he met at the bars, a senior named Abby who was a Pi Phi. He claimed her as the woman of his dreams, which he's actually said about quite a few of them, which is kinda amusing. But anyways, he was pretty enthused about telling Danny, but all the more he got out was "I met the woman of my dreams the other night."

That was when Danny commented, "Is it (me)?"

Which was followed with a very slow few seconds of us not saying anything until I just nodded and gave Danny a semi-sarcastic "Yep." I didn't actually look to see if HCB was shaking his head or not, but he didn't give a yes or no answer. He didn't say yes, but he didn't say no, either. So take it as you will.

On the flipside, Brett and I were passing the front desk during rounds and HCB was at the front desk. He stared at me all angry-like. I stopped and stared at him back, but failing pretty bad at doing it all angrily. So he slowly flipped me off. I then attempted to flip him off with both hands while holding the clipboard. Ha!

Annnd I'm still waiting on that food. D:

No comments:

Post a Comment