Thursday, November 11, 2010

Funniest. Desk Shift. EVAR!

We're known for having amusing desk shift hours when we have multiple CAs hanging around the desk, but this has got to be the best desk shift yet without needing any of the CAs around.

To start, it started at the very beginning with some residents complaining that some kids were blocking off extremely nice parking spaces with cones. After some talking, Sarah finally got the enthusiasm to go out and mess with the kids behind it. Didn't see her for another hour.

I had one freshman who was so very obviously wasted, still asked me for my number, and I was *this* close to giving him DPS's number. He then rambled on about how he had a sister/brother (finally settled on brother toward the end) that lived in Minnesota, so he was going to go to the Twin Cities right then. And it was about 1:30am. XD I felt bad for his totally sober friend with him for putting up with Mr. Drunky tonight...

Sarah came back about an hour after she left to mess with the kids, and holy crap was it hilarious to listen to....she managed to figure out who the kids were because they kept walking in and out of the front doors. Asked them if they owned any cones, and they said no. She stands out there later next to the parking space kinda thing and they come by, so they ask what she's doing out there. "Oh nothing, you?" "Nothing." So then she talked about taking the cones. They said "Well that was really rude, whoever it was must've put a lot of effort into getting them and putting them there." "Yeah, well they're probably going to think it's rude when they have to go find where I hid the cones." She hid them in another CA's car trunk, BAHAHA! Good luck finding them now, losers....

At some point, Sarah also got a drunk call from HCB. It wasn't a normal drunk call though, it was him calling because Chris wanted to eat with her. Or as he put it, "Do you want to do food?" She not only got the awkward phonecall from HCB trying to set up some late-night breakfast out thing with Sarah and Chris, but Chris also got her phone number and started texting her. She finally had to tell him she wasn't interested. He had a sad and stopped texting her. Although I think part of it was him finally passing out after so long....not sure. :P

Then later Sarah and freshman Kolin were out front smoking, and they discovered what I was told is called the Funbox. They called me on the Funbox, but scared the crap out of me because of all the crazy beeping that it was making out there. I didn't like my ears bleeding, so I had to hang up on them....then when I found out what they called me on, I had to go "HEY! I have the phone number to the Funbox! Go outside and I'll call you from in here!!" So they did. And I called them. And it was awesome. But the beeping made me sad, we're afraid it's broken somehow... :(

Annnnnnnnnd then Hot Canadian Bacon came back from the bars at a bit after 2am. Had that iffy sway/limp walk going on and tired as hell. Not gonna lie, he was looking fantastic still, but it didn't help that his shirt was left open a bit at the neck....dayum. So anyways, when he wasn't going "Wha?" to everything I said, he was not quite all there. I did ask him what happened to Chris, and he said that he lost him. Then for about a minute or two HCB was rambling in French...I knew what he was saying was real French words, even though he mumbled a good portion of it, but it didn't seem to string together complete sentences in my own head....so as much as I could've given him responses, it just didn't make any sense, lol! Even worse was one of his residents was there holding the door open to Beede, and she seemed just a little freaked that he was going off in French and she didn't understand any of it but he was kinda talking to her as he did so? Yeah, that was fun...and my official vote is that he passed out with Facebook open. He's still idle, and it's been over an hour. In fact, it's now after 4am. :P

Around 2:45 was when many of the CAs actually came back from their own bar-hopping. Amg, now that was also hilarious...lots of McDonald's food, lots of giggling and hugs (mostly from Robert, who's gay as it is but is all too flamboyant when he's drunk), some N'SYNC going, and I FINALLY got to hear the whole story of Dillon's night at the front desk when HCB kissed him. Amg. Freaking hilarious night. And then people were surprised that the desk was still open past 3am....what else do you expect when people are still coming and going? XD

And what did I get to miss out on? My floor getting busted. So all I had to do was sit back and watch as Kristi and the DPS cop and the CAs on duty come and go. Oh hell yes, just slid by lucky on having to deal with shit! :D

But holy eff, with all that I wanna get completed, this may be a close-to-6am run... D:

No comments:

Post a Comment