So. I feel a little behind now, just because I didn't blog about the past week or so. Hell I don't even know where to start by now.
Well, last week HCB decided to make me his messenger on two occasions. First time was to text and ask if he had any mail in his mailbox. The second time he actually called my phone to tell whoever was at the front desk that one of the guys on duty would be running a little late. Of course, the one time he's ever called my phone and I don't even know it because my phone now sucks about vibrating when I'm getting a call....grawr. Oh well.
Then there was Wednesday night. Aaaaaaaaaaamg what a lovely Wednesday night. Here, I shall map it out for you. First, a couple friends and I went up to Sioux Falls to do some shopping. As an added bonus, I came home to surprise the parents with a quick visit. It probably could've been longer, but I was coming home for the weekend anyway, so it was mostly to please them by stopping by for once while I'm in town, plus my dad's birthday was Thursday...yay surprise! This was apparently the week of surprises though, because my cousin Sean came up from Miami to surprise everyone at their lunch gathering. And of course, I didn't get to see him. :(
But anyhow. We go shopping, and Sam picked out an awesome outfit for her sorority formal on Saturday. We come back from Sioux Falls, and had to have a floor meeting with the residents/hall director. Nothing bad, but with Thanksgiving coming up, it's better to give all of the directions to them there face-to-face.
Meeting is followed by....I don't remember what. I think there was some Grease at the front desk, and Kacee dancing on the counter, I don't even...but anyhow. I then worked the front desk at midnight, which was the same time that HCB came back from hockey practice. It was amusing hearing how lax he was on the guys, and how if he'd trained them the Canadian way most of them would've quit, lol.
Working the desk was rather eventful again, however. Rounds didn't actually start till about 12:20 or so because Laurel was running late. They go on rounds, and I'm finally left alone....up until about 10 minutes later Jared walks in. And he's the hall director on duty, which means something's up. He goes up, comes back out, takes some notes, then settles in at the front desk with me as he gets a call about having to take a girl's pulse. DPS shows up; more fun ensues! Dillon was supposed to do rounds at 12:30 over in Richie because of the missing master key; he comes sprinting back at about 12:35 into Beede. I get a call asking to find someone else to cover the rest of Beede and Mickelson for rounds. Ohhhh boy, this is going to take some time....Michelle gets in on the action. More DPS, more Jared, etc etc...
All of the running around caused me to tell HCB that his building is going crazy via Facebook. Which actually led to a rather amusing conversation. I think the best of it started when I asked him if the cable was out in Beede, because one of the backup duty girls had texted me that kids were going crazy in Mick without their cable. He then told me that yes, it was out, and that he doesn't watch tv. All he does is cook and watch movies. Which then brought up how he's used to cooking with a bottle of wine, but he can't do that on campus, so he's looking forward to stocking up his wine cellar when he moves off campus. Which made me think of the idea to make the storage room a pantry for us to hide food. His response? AMEN. Ahhh agreement, feels like a small success... :3 He also made the random comment that he might be pregnant because he was suddenly feeling nauseous...but he couldn't spell it right....but it made me giggle, in front of Phil no less. Which was when he decided to go to bed.
Trust me, when Phil is in the building, shit is going down! He's the assistant dean of students, which is pretty high up there. But he had come in to deal with one of the girls they were having troubles with upstairs. So he's here with DPS till about 2:30, and the girls were in the back documenting long past 3am when I had to close up. I still had 3:30 rounds to cover over in Richie, so I went back over there to do that. Come back at 4am, and what's going on? Dillon's at the desk with it partially opened back up with Michelle. So I keep Dillon company for a little while, and he's on the lookout for DPS. Amggggggg so I'm up till 5 or so watching for DPS with Dillon, partially because he needed to take a fuckin' nap. We were absolutely beat....and what was going on upstairs? We had Laurel, Jessie, Kacee and Sarah all watching an empty, locked door. And they were doing so till about 8 that morning. O.O
So, to recap. Laurel and Jessie on their marathon duty night involved an alcohol incident, a sick resident, pot, mean messages on a whiteboard, an apparent assault report, and a strange kid running out of a room and off the floor randomly. I know there was more, but it was basically every issue you'd ever have to document all in one incident. By the time they were done, the whole documentation was over 1,500 words. By the time HCB had the judicial reports done, there were at least 10. Three of them on the same kid.
I don't even know how they did it....I was finally so beat at 6am that I fell asleep on my floor. I was afraid to crawl into bed and sleep because I had a quiz at 9am that I couldn't miss. Holy crap..... D:
Now for tonight. We learned exactly what HCB has. And it issssss aquagenic urticaria. Aka a skin allergy to water. He even explained to us that he has to take drugs before he showers, but they make him pass out about an hour later, so the images that were coming to my mind were just hilarious....lol! XD
But in all seriousness. He said that he's one of some 10 people to have it. He's also allergic to gluten and is lactose intolerant, so how he eats...it's almost sad. But apparently he didn't know about the gluten allergy until he was 21. Interesting tidbit of the night.
And then we made jokes about him having the Freshman 45 even though he was technically a junior in college, and how Alex was going to go back to her floor, take a long shower and eat Oreos thinking that HCB can't do all of this! Annnnnd I giggled. A lot. :3
No comments:
Post a Comment