Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Some Things Will Never Change

No matter how hard I try, I can't quit you.

The more you call her babe, share things publicly with her, throw love around, the more resolved in my feelings toward you. I love you. I can't fucking quit. I love your face. I love you. And as I'm staring down the belly of the beast, I'm not scared....well, maybe a little. I'm scared you'll do something incredibly stupid. I'm scared you'll never come back to me, no matter how hard I try. I'm scared you'll never realize how immature and childish you've become.

Don't even try to hide it. You make posts thinking you're hilarious when they're just not the same. So yeah, I'm calling you out on it, and so will my friends and your friends. I can't even tell if you're keeping up with your friends since you spend so much time with hers now. Remove them from the picture, and what will you have?

You'll come back to me. I can't give up hope that you will, and you're just unpredictable enough that you probably will. But you're drowning in her, drowning in the holiday love, and that high won't last forever. You couldn't make it last with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment