Today was an epic shopping spree day, yes! We ended up stopping at a half dozen stores looking for the perfect mini fridge for the dorm, but it was worth it in the end. Before that though, we stopped at Kohl's for some new jeans.....went to Dunn Bros for some downtime....got the mini fridge at Walmart, which is actually 2.7 cubic feet, larger than the 1.7 I was going to settle for, hells yeah! Then went to Lewis where I picked up a couple notebooks and a new book. Geeze, I swear the entire city is sold out of normal Five Star 5 subject notebooks....college ruled, mind you.
Soooo anyways, the book I picked up was Black Hills, by Nora Roberts. Now mind you, I HATE Roberts. I did buy one of her books before, but I never actually read it...and I also am not a fan of her popularity. As in, stores will buy her books by the truckload and sell them at the top of the bookshelves. They really don't need that many copies, seriously...
However, this book I shall definitely read. Not only is it hardcover and I plan on getting my money's worth, but it's set in, well, the Black Hills. Score 1 for the author who writes too much! :P
And on a more interesting note, it mentions a cougar in the description. I believe it's a pet cougar, or a rescued cougar or whatever, but I'm quite curious. There has actually been a population overflow, they're starting to wander away from the Hills searching for their own territory....a few livestock and pets have been killed by the crazy cougars....bah. Just random rambling there.
I shall head off now to eat, probably play more with The Sims 3. Yay for Grim babies growing up to be Grim boys! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment