I'm being unproductive today. Like I have been the past few days. Mehhh....
I was hoping I could start working on the binding for my quilt, but as I've never done binding by myself and it's an absolute BITCH to do....I have to rely on my mom to help me out. Because it's very obvious even if I tried to read directions for it alone, my smart problem solving skills won't be able to figure it out. Laptop won't let me log into the computer? Oh yes, I can kick ass and figure it out myself, no IT needed. But how to put binding on a quilt? Nope, not if I want the corners to turn out right and especially if I want to finish it off correctly. The thing is, my mom's been working on a quilt also, an adorable pink and green lap quilt for my cousin's little girl. So I'm going to have to wait. :/
Instead, I'm making a quick blog post, experimenting with TS3 because I haven't had the attention span to read lately (still having issues with Hard and Fast), and watching Billy the Exterminator on A&E. Which makes me laugh, just a little bit.
It boggles my mind that there are people out there who find all of these bats and snakes and rats and roaches cute, or think that they make wonderful pets, or other crazy ideas such as that. Then I certainly encourage them to watch a few episodes of Billy. Why? Because not only does he get rid of the animals the most humane ways possible (when they are possible, that is), he also explains why the hell these are not pets and why they are hazardous when inside a person's house. Just because an animal looks so goddamn cute, doesn't mean it should be allowed to live in your fucking house! Sure, bats seem cute to some people, and of course they're vital to the environment because they eat their weight in mosquitoes. But if they want to give bats the 'equality' they deserve, which means allowing them to live in their attic rather than removing them, then I hope those people are happy inheriting the guano that comes with bats. And where there is bat guano, there's histroplasmosis and other nasty diseases, yayyy!
Same goes for rats. No matter how goddamn cute you find them, their shit leaves behind hantavirus and other diseases. The problem is, these diseases take almost nothing to become airborne if disturbed. Also, rats and mice are attracted to places where there are food. Human food, dog food, horse feed....rats and mice have no control over their bladder. So what do they do? They're there shitting on and around these sources of food, further increasing the chances of contracting some disease or virus.
And if there are children around, then it's ESPECIALLY dangerous. Children are not smart enough to know that these animals can be dangerous. Why do you think people want the snakes, raccoons, and other wild animals gone? Because children think they are supposedly cute, and therefore harmless--they don't have the mental capabilities to know the difference between a venomous and non-venomous snake, or know when there's animal shit where they're playing, blah blah.....so when adults also share that 'adorable' opinion, it scares me. Don't people care for their health anymore? Don't they even care about what their children can contract? Children don't have the immunity of adults, which makes them even more susceptible.
These animals may seem harmless, but what they leave behind is not.
Regardless of animals, insects, roaches, and nasty little critters that roam around.....exterminators exist for a reason. Because maybe there's a nest of bees or wasps on a property where a person is deathly allergic to them; or maybe there is roaches/mice/whatever in someone's kitchen where their food has become inedible because of the pests; or maybe because there's a snake in the yard or house, and the home has children that are at risk of getting bitten, because children just aren't going to look around watching out for snakes all the time when they're outside playing. These animals are not meant to live indoors, they are meant to live outside. And Billy does a fantastic job at telling you why these animals are necessary for their existence, but why they should NOT be allowed in your home.
Again, watch Billy the Exterminator and educate yourselves for once in your goddamn lives.
But now I'm done ranting. I'm taking a break from the Exterminator until later tonight, they're going to have an episode about the oil spill. Plus I've watched every episode of the past seasons, and quickly catching up on the new episodes from this season. :X
Also, I must 1) Make a trip to the store for some more Dr. Pepper/Vanilla Coke, and 2) A post is in store soonish about my trip to the local racetrack Sunday night. Long story short, I got a REALLY cute driver's autograph, and his story is absolutely epic, as was his awesome sprint car with a wheelchair on it. Fucking hot drivers, why must you taunt me so.... >.>
That's been on your mind for a while now, huh?
ReplyDeleteYes, it has...fucking pisses me off. There's a reason only certain people are allowed to own exotic pets. Otherwise you hear stories on the news about how a python escaped its cage and strangled a baby in its crib. Which, if memory serves me right, has happened on more than one occasion. :/
ReplyDeleteWow. Should've Googled before I posted. I was thinking of a generic case that I've heard in years' past....didn't know the same thing happened within this past month. Well then...
ReplyDeletehttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529709,00.html
Oh, you give me the lulz when you are all angry and ranty :3 (subs too...[it is too ridiculous with her sitting next to me to have me log out so she can log in so that she could comment too.])
ReplyDeleteI think we were having a reading speed contest through this entry, and I think I won. GO ME!
Bahahahaha! Well I feel very happy that my rants give you the lulz, I hope to have many more in the future for your enjoyment. <3
ReplyDeleteOhaiii Subs! :D