It seems like this entire summer we have a few days of sun and massive humidity, then we have a day or two of absolute downpour. And not just a little sprinkling--as in INCHES of rain. Well, a couple weeks ago it was George and Mitchell that got 6+ inches of rain in an evening. Last night was our turn.
It wasn't quite six inches, but we did top 5 inches where I am. Which then either ends up in basements all over town, or into the Big Sioux and Skunk Creek....but even that has a limit. So where does it go?
FUCKING ALL OVER!
Just take a look...
AMG IT'S A PLANE! Although, these are pretty common. It's just kind of cool, and now you know just how low they fly over when they're about to land. :3
Despite initial opinion, these are not normally lakes.
No more day camp for the little children anymore, not when the entire land has ended up underwater... :/
And, because this is hilarious...
Long story short, everything's wet. Even when I went out to take a picture of that sign, the grass was soaking....and we sit on the side of a semi-inclined hill. The good news? My wedge sandals make me tall enough that my feet didn't get wet walking through water. The bad news? Nothing can protect you from wet grass.
And even more bad news, my favorite camera became borked during the picture taking today. I'm really going to be pissed and disappointed if it's unfixable now. D:

















Those are some pretty epic pictures. One of these days I'll upload some pictures of when me old neighborhood got flooded. I had them on my myspace but... That doesn't exist anymore :)
ReplyDelete