Tuesday, June 30, 2009

At Least I'm Not Going Crazy.

I'm amazed how spot on I can be. For the longest time, I've had to deal with Jackass's shit. I mean, I knew the shit he's been pulling has been going on for quite a while now, but I guess I never convinced myself that others had noticed--if I spoke up, I thought people would say I was just overreacting, or that's at least what I thought would happen. But today I sort of snapped. I'm sick of it. So I finally went out and called him a smartass (even though I REALLY wanted to call him an asshole), then ended up going to Aaron to cool down and do some venting.

Truthfully, I was fuming so bad I had no idea how to approach him, especially since he's friends with Jackass more than with me. But I finally just went out there and asked him, "This is probably just me, but have you noticed how Wyatt feels compelled to refute anything I say to him?" Well, his response was simple:

"Yes."

And he even added a period to that Yes. That's how I knew just how serious he was about it. But when Aaron of all people, one of the brightest kids I've met, notices the same thing, that's when I know this isn't all in my head.

THEN, I went to Kayla to ask if she's seen the same thing going on. Her answer was also yes! Two people, one of my friends and one of his, have noticed that Jackass is intent on refuting every comment I make. No matter how stupid or silly the response is, he does it EVERY time. And to me, it feels like he's been trying to make me look like an ass for opening my mouth anytime I make a comment.

But, bless Kayla's heart, she told me that it doesn't make me look like an idiot--he's the one looking like an ass in the end. That he is only making his situation worse. Which does make me feel a bit better....and at the same time, two people have noticed this behavior from him. How many others have noticed? Has Erika or Taylor or Macy made the same observations? I've no clue....and I'm a bit scared to ask them.

What saddens me the most though is that SHE is oblivious. She's dating him, why won't she say or do anything? Granted, when I say DO, I mean break up with him--it's what he deserves after all this anyway. He knew she liked him before he ever formed an opinion of how he felt towards her. I still remember when I outright asked him whether or not he liked her. What was his response? "A little bit. You got a problem with that?"

Yes, I do. Because when you just like someone "A little bit," that speaks a whole lot more. And I don't care about how much time has passed since then, it doesn't change what you had said.

I'm just disappointed. She's my cousin, and I had thought she was smarter than this. But apparently, she's as blind as I had been when I was with him. It feels like all is perfect now, but it never lasts. Not with him, at least...He seems amazing now, but it's not who he IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment