Thursday, June 18, 2009

They Don't Teach This in School...

When you love someone...truly love them, friend or lover, you lay your heart open to them. You give them a part of yourself that you give to no one else, and you let them inside a part of you that only they can hurt--you literally hand them the razor with a map of where to cut deepest and most painfully on your heart and soul. And when they do strike, it's crippling--like having your heart carved out. It leaves you naked and exposed, wondering what you did to make them want to hurt you so badly when all you did was love them. What is so wrong with you that no one can keep faith with you? That no one can love you? To have it happen once is bad enough...but to have it repeated? Who in their right mind would not be terrified of that?

Ended up re-reading Devil May Cry last night for a few hours and stumbled across that bit of wisdom. What is so hard about this that idiots like Jackass can't comprehend the pain they can inflict? Seriously...

I have to admit though, it's because of that sort of logic that I love Sherrilyn Kenyon. She's got it figured out, or at least knows how to pretend she does. But her books are awesome, not gonna lie.

For some reason I'm not very talkative today. Don't know if it's me living in my head for too long again, or drama is dragging me down. I just want it to end....

Also, I decided against reading Charlaine Harris's whole Sookie series. APPARENTLY she indulges in the one thing I can't stand: making two characters fall in love, then the relationship end in pieces and they end up elsewhere. Basically, Bill is around for the first 3 books. Forget it, I want him in EVERY one of those 9 books and upcoming ones, not in the first three. And on top of that, another guy shows up in the more recent books by the name of Quinn. Gayyyyyy, I spell my names Qhuinn. Now THAT is one hot name.....damn hot character too... ;)

However that doesn't deter me from Katie MacAlister. Similar writing style, but at least I know that Gabriel will be around at the end of the series, whenever that will be. And if I want more vampires like Bill....well, then I'll turn to Zeke and leave it at that.

Only other thing of entertainment recently is this new blog I came across, thanks to the Sims 3 on facebook. This guy took two homeless people with obscure traits and has been doing this experiment to see where Sims life takes them. And it turns out to be REALLY interesting. Alice and Kev, keep them in mind. Personally, I think Alice is adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment