Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Darkness Is Not My Friend....

Well, how interesting was that! Just had a power outage, right around 12:30 am I think. I was just sitting here on Facebook, and suddenly the lights, TV, even air conditioning went out, so all that's on is my laptop screen. Then I heard the girls next door come out too, and Jesse was in the study room on the phone, so she was trying to navigate her way back to her room in the dark. The next door girls had a couple portable desk lamps though, so that was convenient!

And Keather hasn't come back from wherever she went, so if she comes back when I'm trying to sleep... >:/

I got to listen to Billy Mills talk tonight during this dinner/Q&A. I didn't get to ask any questions, mostly because I was pretty nervous/shy to ask, plus I didn't have any questions (let alone good ones) to ask him until the very end. That was when two random things came to mind: How'd he meet his wife, and why he went into the Marines. Not big revolutionary questions, but I'm sure there's an interesting story behind that too. :)

Lathasha and Val are doing the Rush thing this weekend, aka Greek Life. Ha, didn't even know that's what they called the recruitment thing, but anyway. They said if I wanted to jump in, do it now and stick with it the rest of the week, but I don't feel very committed to the idea of joining a sorority right now.

Even though the sorority that Lathasha and Val think I'd fit in best with is Alpha Xi Delta. Yeah, look at who's #2 in the sisters of distinction. http://sites.theginsystem.com/axidusd/index.php?page_name=sisters_of_distinction

*facepalm*

Ahh well, I'll seriously consider it next year. But right now? Bah, if I want/need a support group, I've got the Honors Association. I've got the Volante.

And right now, I'm going to bed, Keather or no Keather. And I can seriously see myself missing class tomorrow morning. Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment