Ahh, a new day. I think today shall be a good day to report good news. :)
S0, my major (for now) is Contemporary Media & Journalism. My professor for Intro to Mass Communications, Chuck Baldwin, also happens to be our advisor for our paper the Volante. Well, Thursday and Friday they had a little journalism workshop to get us more comfortable with writing and interviewing, and basically joining the newspaper as a whole. Patrick Lalley from the Argus even came in to talk with us, which was really cool too. I was one of the few kids who would get engaged with the conversations, so I don't know if that's a good thing or not...? Bah, who cares!
Anyway, one of the things that came up was that I was interested in the copy editing portion of newspapers. Friday afternoon, I was walking to class, and Mr. Baldwin came by. He told me that the copy editor of the Argus was coming in on Monday to do some interviews and stuff, and said that depending on how her schedule looked, he may be able to get me in and meet her.
OH. MY. GOD!
Really, how often does a chance like that come up? Basically never. Hell, I'll be thrilled if I get even 5 minutes of her time, so this is AMAZING!
And if I don't get to, I won't feel bad in the least. Ha, it's not like I have anything better to do between classes anyway, so this is perfect! :D
So how do you measure what makes a good college? Good professors. :3
Oh, and good showers. Oh God, there's never a shortage of hot water, I swear...and there's shower STALLS, with locks. So much better than SDSU!
Speaking of SDSU, guess which college is the first to report a case of H1N1. Yeep, SDSU. And not just one case, there's 4!.....Granted, Heather put in that they're betting the Honors floors will be the first to get H1N1 here, but that made me laugh so hard when I read that. Hells yeah! :P
Ahh....the Steelers aren't looking so bad to me anymore, which makes Pricey quite happy. But what can I say, it's that school spirit pride in me. One of their players is a USD alumni, woot!
Friday, I went to HyVee to eat with Lathasha and Val. Oh gosh, that was so fun! They thought I was silly for not making them rush sooner (parents had come to pick me up with the dog), but I was having fun and my parents didn't mind the wait. Plus it gave them a chance to eat also, which made my dad happy. Gah, dumb coupons. :/
Also, whoever organizes the mail down in the mailroom is odd. Last week, they stuck someone's mail in our box, #222. No, the number on the mail was #322. Then this week, someone's mail from room #422 was in our box. We always seem to get mail, but it's never actually ours...
Otherwise...I think that's all for now. :3
No comments:
Post a Comment