Ahh, yet another weekend. The weekends fly by too quickly, I think. I get home, I have a day of relaxation, and then I'm gathering my stuff and heading back down the day after. It makes me wish we had more of those three-day weekends. But at least I don't have the same class day after day, with the exception of Survey of Calc.
Gah, I don't even know what to do with that class. I'm having problems trying to remember all the steps for these silly problems, when I'm best at just learning how to DO them. Not the steps. Because having to write down all those steps take up too much time.
I miss accellerated precalc, at least Mr. Conrad was a good teacher. :/
This week wasn't too bad, though. Thursday I played kickball with some kids on my floor. Our competition was 2nd Olson, the other Honors floor...it was very worthwhile, even though we lost. Jordan happened to lose her shoe AND sock when she went up to kick once, and I think so did Ben. I totally wiped out trying to run after a ball that sailed right over my head. Brett earned a penny for risking his life to save the ball before it rolled into the street, but he might've gotten a couple in the end. Someone kicked the ball into the far-off pine tree also, instant score! The other team tried to throw their shoe up there to get it out, but that just got the shoe stuck too for a time, lol.
After the kickball game, Jordan, Jean and I went into the study lounge and chilled for a few hours in there. Plenty of chatting, studying and awesome Mad Gab, woot! Nolan came and joined us too, and it was a blast listening to him and Jean discuss Arabic.
Plus, Thursday was a great dinner gettogether with a bunch of friends. Chris, Val, Lathasha, Ashley, Josie, Jenn....plus a couple new guys, one was named Andrew and the other Jacob (I think). Ohh, the conversations we had... :P
Friday, I saw the twins from Uno Tomato at the MUC when Val and I were getting lunch. Spurred me to go to UnoZoni that night, which was definitely awesome, as usual! Mostly I just thought it was cool to see them, I never had before anyways.
Onto other news, I got an invitation to have dinner with Katie Couric! All I can really say is HOLY SHIT! I get to meet Katie Couric! :O And thanks to my mom, I've got questions to ask too!
Right about now, I'm getting anxious for Tuesday to come. Covet is coming out, so that'll be awesome. Been looking forward for that the past couple weeks. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment