Saturday, December 4, 2010

Itching for a New Project

I had an idea last night. One that probably isn't a very good one, but nonetheless, I want to make a scarf. But not just any scarf. I want to recreate the original scarf of the 4th Doctor on Doctor Who, worn by the one and only Tom Baker. However, there are a few problems with this plan:

1) The original scarf was 9 feet long, and 11 inches wide. I'm only 5 feet tall, that's barely half of what this scarf is!

2) Based on the website's suggestions, the yarn to use is preferably worsted, wool kind. And very well may add up to over $80 if I go by most of the top choices. Daaaaamn....really, I don't know if it's a good idea if that's the total amount. Granted, I looked online and others were selling their own replicas for $270. So I'm making a scarf that's worth $270 for only 80....but still. That's quite a bit for a scarf. :/

So that's my current predicament. I'd probably have to buy a new pair of needles for it and shit, but that wouldn't be so bad. It's just the price of the yarn and the sheer amount that I have to buy that's iffy. And the effort it would take to recalibrate the size/amounts myself is more than I'm willing to put up with...at the moment.

Maybe my mind will change when I go to Hobby Lobby sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment