Saturday, May 16, 2009

Open House Madness. And Boys!

Ahhhh....it's late, and I'm really tired...

So Chantel was gracious enough to drive Mercedes, Keather, Danny and me around today while open house hopping. It was awesome!! I got to bother Matt at his open house, pick at him for our neighbor kiddie days, especially for the lack of caffinated soda....he blamed that on his mom though. Sheesh, what's with boys and blaming things on their mothers?....even Jackass did it to get out of being there for me when my grandpa died. Jackass....yeah, I'm renaming him to that. It blends so well with his last name anyways. :P

Then we sent love to Courtney, Marley, Phil....lots of people really....ohmigosh, I even got to say hi to Josie and Jenna!! :D Plus this cool guy named Charlie who was at Alex's open house...dunno who he was, but he was pretty funny. I had a weird Sherrilyn Kenyon vibe with him, like he'd make a good Daimon/Dark Hunter dude....haven't had one of those moments in forever. o.O

But I screwed up when we were at Phil's open house. I just had to open my big mouth and mention I thought the blonde was kinda hot. Which led to Keather falling into him while Phil opened cards. Why, WHY does she do this to us....BUT, talking with Chantel in her car when she dropped me off made me feel better. She'd even made a wrong turn accidentally, ended up taking a longer route to take me home.

I think that's what I'll miss when we graduate, though....I love being able to talk to Chantel. She's my rock, the support I need when no one else is around. So to part ways when we go to separate colleges will be tough...but we'll always have each other. And just because we won't be at the same school doesn't mean we can't talk anymore. I never really expected us to go to the same college after Lincoln anyway. I feel lucky enough to go to Lincoln with her in the first place!

She mentions I'm her first friend, or first best friend or first friend at Lincoln, yada yada, which really means a lot to me. I remember my first friend. Her name was Reanna, this girl that I met through preschool at church. My mom remembers I had this friend from the year before, but I don't remember her at all. Just Reanna. But Reanna moved. This tends to be a common occurrence for me--those friends that I become closest to, end up moving. First was Reanna....then there was this girl Rachel from 5th grade, she was freaky but still was a friend of mine. Then somewhere along the way Nicole moved from the neighborhood, and she was my best friend for a long while. Not going to lie, I'm really glad that I still talk to her, or at least try to stay in touch. Another neighbor that moved was Macy and Kelsey, who also really meant a lot to me...I mean, I broke my arm while playing with them one night, you don't forget those awesome memories!!

Probably should worry about calling that memory awesome, but it wasn't so traumatic having them there to help me out. :)

Then in 6th grade there was Corri and Tejiah. Double whammy, ouch. Tejiah was one of my best friends of all time, and Corri was also a good friend for the short time that I knew her. I really wish I could find Tejiah and just say hi one more time. :/. But ah well. And sophomore year Lydia moved to North Carolina....now Jackass will be moving to Utah. I'm not feeling so bad about him leaving, actually sort of looking forward to it. But still, he left a pretty big impact on my life. Even though most of it was pretty shitty....

God, I hate talking about him even. I nearly choked up talking about him with Chantel too today, which bothers me even more....he's Jackass, he hasn't done much of anything to deserve any sort of pity, let alone any attention.

Soooo anyways.....after all these friends have moved away, Chantel has still been here for me. And as she went to SF Lutheran, we're lucky enough to have met through church.....you know, this is the first time I've really seen just how important church is....even though I went through all those years without Chantel nearby, and then being able to be there for her when she went from private to public school, we always had church. So in a way, I owe the church for keeping Chantel and I close...thank you Lord! :D

And now tomorrow is graduation. Ahhh! Scary...I'm afraid I'll get to the arena and have no idea where to go...I think I could follow people around, but still....it's just going to be an experience. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment