I don't do well with intense games. And today......hoo boy. That was one intense hockey game. See below.
Holy shit. HOLY. SHIT. This was by far the turning point of the game. For many reasons, even, so we need another list.
1) We are leading 4-3. We are LEADING.
2) We had made the first goal. Then at the end of the first period, we were leading 1-0. The end of the second period, leading 2-1.
3) We're leading with 20 seconds left. 20 SECONDS.
4) 4 points?! That's the most we've scored in a game all year. Record high as of last night has been 2 points in a single game, and now we scored 4. FOURRRRRR!
5) Of course, just 3 seconds later Dordt had scored, too. 17 seconds left, and we're tied again at 4-4. FUCK.
6) Might I also mention we played Dordt the night before, where we not only lost as usual 7-2, but had three guys ejected from the game and one with a misconduct penalty. Their coach was seriously pissed at some points during the game, probably partially for that reason. :3
7) Oh yeah, and most of the team had gone out drinking at Lambda the night before. My comment in that respect, holy crap if that's what it's going to take for them to win a game, then they better be drinking the night before every game!
Gah, last time I was that stressed out by a sports game had to've been 2004. Daytona 500. Now that was stressful, praying to no end that Dale Jr. wouldn't mess up and that he'd win. D:
Also, 5th grade hecklers suck. I actually missed the drunk hecklers, because it's so much more hilarious listening to them yelling 'Drop the bunny', 'Beat State not your wife', and the hilarious 'Him him VERY HARD'! What do we get from frigging 5th graders? "Why are there so many girls at this hockey game? They don't know what's going on..."
Long story short, the game goes into overtime for 5 minutes, followed by a three-shot challenge. No one scored during overtime, and the man-vs-goalie challenge was Dordt's for the taking. Fucking contests...the boys were upset to say the least. I was very well pissed on their behalf. And HCB said they really should've won it, even though it wasn't even their best game.
Granted, I thought they played pretty damn well considering the circumstances, but HCB said their best game was Wednesday's game against SDSU. Still lost 5-2, but he is the Canadian and he knows what good hockey looks like. He even made that comment to my friend Sam and I, that we probably didn't see anything wrong with today's game even though they could've been better.......Shit, I think this means he knows we don't come because we know and love the sport. Haha!
And hey, at least afterwards I got to have a nice little conversation with him. Mostly by catching him as he walks near saying "Hey, what are you doing Monday or Tuesday night?" Which went on from there telling him that we need to do dinner/lunch, because I'm hungry for RED. Ha, I loved his response. "Yeah, definitely. And we have to do it soon, because I'm pretty hungry!" Ahhhh, I love a good play on words. Or situations. Pretty sure it was because the game had started at 4:30, and lasted till 7:30. But it had made me giggle! Then the rest of it was back on hockey, the typical making sure he remembered the night before, such and such.
I think what I love more about our stupid conversations is how he has his animated voice, and his low voice. Typically when it's just the two of us, he talks in his low voice. Then his animated voice comes out from time to time, but tonight about the most noticeable it was had been when he asked if I had been at the Dordt home game, cuz I knew wayyy too much about what had gone down during it. But nope, it had been in his low voice. Which I can't help but add sexy in after the low part. Buuuuuuut that's just me.... :3
And on the plus side, our whole conversation didn't leave too much of a bad impression on Sam! She said afterwards that she thought he was really pretty nice, whereas when I would tell her stories of his/our antics at the North Complex, her and Jean and the other Sam had pinned him as kind of an asshole. But after a while, who isn't from time to time. :P
Then after the game, Sam and I had a grand adventure going to Walmart, figuring out why her windshield wipers had frozen mid-swipe and refused to move, and watching No Strings Attached. Overall, the movie was quite amusing and verrry frustrating at parts. Not a real philosophical watch, but sometimes it's better to have a light silly watch on a late Saturday night. :D
Also, I found fucking Trop-A-Rocka at Yankton's Walmart. Now that was a win all in itself tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment