Thursday, January 6, 2011

Why This Was An Awesome Day of Awesomeness

And yes, this will probably be another list day.

1) Woke up this morning and went shopping. Shopko wasn't in a backpack-selling season, so that backfired. But we did get little Chloe's blanket shipped on its way to Miami now!

2) Come home, and what arrives? Psych and True Blood, FINALLY! So Mom and I had a Psych Season 4 marathon. This semester's goal, get together with Ashley and demand that we have our Psych marathon. Yessssss....

2.5) Spent part of the afternoon exchanging comments with my cousin Faith. Interesting story there, I haven't seen/talked to her since, oh, 2006. About the same goes for the rest of the family on my mom's side. And who randomly added me on Facebook? Faith. I couldn't resist but leave a nice little message that day saying I've missed her, lulz. This afternoon's conversation included school and super cute hockey boys. It's like long lost twins....bahaha! :D

3) Go out shopping again at the mall. Trade Secret didn't have the dry shampoo I wanted in, but I got three new books at Walden's, woo! One was previously chosen at Shopko but didn't want to go through checkout with just one item. Second was a new book by Stephanie Rowe, who I discovered at Last Stop CD Shop and kinda love her sense of humor...albeit being rather strange, but it's a fiction book, come on! Third was one that was totally random. Was looking at titles blindly, saw this one with an angel-looking dude on the cover, read the back and went 'Meh, let's try it.' It's a thick one and the first in its series, so we'll see if it was worthwhile.

4) Run into our resident Jarrad at one of the kiosks. Gah, he sucked me in on the whole perfume & cologne stuff. So we talked about how long the expensive but amazing shit lasts, and thank gawd HCB is a sucker for cologne. If anything, we know we can sucker him into it. Long story short though, Jarrad gave me three strip samples that I'm now going to use as bookmarks. My books are already smelling FANTASTIC from being in the same bag as those strips.....nah, that didn't sound strange at all. >.>

5) Had ribs at Ruby Tuesday tonight, also. Always amazing, amg. :) Such a highlight, that it only needs this very short blip.

6) Multitasking is my friendddd, particularly when managing some 4 conversations at the same time on Facebook. Which included one conversation about Chinese people; one about whether we could trust O'Gorman kids and when John was going to kill Dan in his sleep; one involving getting the courage to talk to HCB via annoying FB chat; and finally, yes getting the nerve to bother HCB, which turned into a conversation about how much drinking he did during break.


Ironically, the 'ya for sure' part wasn't what made me just a little bit giddy/amused. The most amusing part to me was that he sounded exactly like Aaron, saying he felt old. The again part just makes me giggle a little bit harder, but it's hearing him say that he felt old that made me think of Aaron and every time he says I make him feel old because I'm graduating, or entering college, or something.

And yeah, I'm pretty proud of coming up with the oops, you're still here, sorry! bit. Damn, I have a strange sense of humor... :P


Why yes, I'm also proud that this was our SuFu Stampede team!! Even if we lost. But I'm used to that by now. And besides, it was against Sioux City. And guess who's the 14th drunkest city in America....Congrats, Sioux City. You still don't smell any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment