Monday, September 20, 2010

Meh.

Well I was going to start by going into how today had turned out, but I got distracted by Facebook. Apparently one of my high school friends is dating my guy Honors mentee. Amggg it's so cute!! :D

Also, Revolverheld has a new album and I'm tempted to order it from Amazon. Even though it'd cost $18. But the songs are really good.....damn.

Anyhow, this was how the day went. I finally got to bed at 4:20am. I wake up at 10:40. We're talking six hours of sleep here, and I had no reason to get up at that hour. I had a plan of sleeping past noon, that didn't happen! Grrrr...so a little after 11 I go downstairs, only to discover no one is at the front desk. As in no one showed up to open the desk up...oops. Kati forgot this morning, so Terrance had to do it when he showed up for his noon shift. Not a big deal, but since no one's said anything about it to the hall directors, we're gonna keep it on the down-low.

So I go back upstairs, hang for a little while, then go back down to the front desk for pretty much the remainder of the day. Long story short, my room was fucking COLD, and there were people around. I spent the time working on a paper, which I got done a lot sooner than the deadline compared to the other papers I turned in....well then. Meanwhile, my poor hall director was running around because DPS was in and out, literally running all over...no idea what was going on, and we found it amusing that all the other residents like to ask us if we know what's going on, which we don't. But anyways, I'm wondering if she's even had a chance to sleep int he past 24 hours or so.

Then the rest of the night was semi-chaotic. Not only was I on duty....again....but I also had CA class. Which meant that while I was over at the MUC for class, I had to find someone to cover for me while I was on duty. It turned out fine in the end because I got back in time for rounds, but now every other weekend I'll have to find someone to cover me for duty while I'm at class. Ugh....

Then HCB FINALLY got back late tonight, jet-lagged and all. And ahhhhhh, did he have stories to tell....To start, he didn't pay an immigration fee, so he had to pay for that before he left Toronto. He then was "randomly selected for a thorough screening". Aka, he was apparently randomly selected for a strip search. Fucking Canadians, bahaha! He went with the new x-ray scan, which wasn't much of a surprise. However, because of it he was about a hairbreadth away from missing the flight out. Then on top of those issues, he ALSO lost his ticket back to Sioux Falls. So he had to have them print him off a new ticket before he got back. He did look like hell when he got back... :/

Even more depressing, he won't be able to play hockey this year. His insurance would be $2,000 more if he did, so it's a no-go. He said he'll take that extra time and put it towards his American-wife-finding (thanks to the immigration plane hell he went through, he's extra adamant about marrying an American). But he's refined it to preferably over 21. Preferably being the key word, lulz. Pretty much, the whole crazy fiasco he just went through has left him crazy. He was having a hard time remembering who was even on his staff, let alone our other hall director. Which was why I was pretty much designated as assistant. He's had to ask me multiple times how many programs we have to do and he always forgets the event one, so he always ends up asking me.

I'm pretty sure I just existed to annoy him tonight, but he won't remember with the whole jet-lag. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment