This has not been a very good week. Which is understandable due to Sunday night's fiasco of meetings and crap, but it's like the shitstorm refuses to stop.
After Sunday's meetings, we finally had our second floor meeting Monday night. Which was a lot shorter than the first one, but still. We need to harass kids to get their roommate contracts and RCCs in or the entire floor won't vote. We can only hope that we get at least two kids interested in residence hall government or we lose any extra funding from RHGA. We're shit-deep in programming that we don't know what the hell we're doing, and so we're having an emergency meeting on that tonight at 9:30. I'm working the desk from midnight to 3am tonight, I'm going to be on duty from 6pm Thursday night until Monday, and I may end up missing out on meeting Robert Fuller after all.
Thanks to being on duty, I can't leave for much of anything, either. I have to find someone willing to cover for me for about an hour so that I can get in on the speaker that they're letting us use as an active program, heck yes...and of course, the speaker's at 7. 7 is the same time as the first public relations/advertising meeting that I want to check out. I've no idea if it's even worth it to go anymore, though. I'm losing motivation to care about fitting in the programming now, especially as I *think* I have to make signs for it ASAP.
Voting is on Thursday, and it's now Wednesday. And we STILL haven't gotten two of our roommate contracts in & one room was stupid and lost their RCCs. Saturday, when I so badly want to go meet Fuller, I have to work the front desk from 2 to 6. What other programming is going on? A football game. AT 4. Fantastic, it seems that the perfect time for programming shit and I'm on duty or working the front desk. Seriously.
Yesterday was not a great day overall. I was tired as hell from being up till 4 working on a paper. Brookney was having a shitty day and we didn't know how to make it better for her. Hot Canadian Bacon was what he called 'depressed' because of all the work he's got, on top of setting up programming, on top of cramming as much in before he has to leave for Canada on Thursday. If that wasn't bad enough, Laurel and I might've not helped matters when we told him a few of the residents found his happy-happy attitude a bit much....well, we used the word creepy. Then he heard the same thing from his best friend Chris. Sooo on top of his stress, he now has the goal of being more 'professional' for the freshmen and not scare them so much. Granted, I think most of it was the stress piling on, and the stress/migraines/lack of sleep meant he was losing steam with the craziness....but anyways.
And now we have girls on the far end that don't know how the fuck to throw out their own garbage. It's now gotten to the point that they're adding a bag a day in the hall, and it's pissing me off. Can we say overly sarcastic sign saying to take it out? :/
I vote knocking on their door at 2 am EVERY morning LOUDLY until they get that shit cleaned up and KEEP it cleaned up. Their neighbors will hassle them, too, because you'll likely be waking THEM up as well :3
ReplyDeleteWell I had to watch the one roommate take out the bags of garbage. The other roommate had checked out the vacuum but didn't bother to return it and even LEFT IT IN THE HALLWAY before she went to one of the frat houses, so Brookney went upstairs and got it for us. We then had to harass them to get their roommate contracts in. And then to top it off, they still left their broken mirror in the hallway. This room is a meeeean room. :/
ReplyDelete