Monday, September 13, 2010

Just Say No to Stangers.

Ugh....I don't know where to start.

Well for one, I'm procrastinating majorly on a paper that's due at 5pm tonight. This isn't gonna be much fun. :/

This was the first weekend that I've had off since the beginning of CA training, which was apparently a little less than a month ago now? Holy crap, does time fly...and I really needed a couple nights off. Then again, I'm pretty sure I'm glad I took the weekend off due to the crap that went down.

My time at home was enjoyable, no doubt. I went carpet shopping for my dorm, and found a pretty nice 6x9 rug for a decent price. I almost bought one that had moose on it though, and it was TEMPTING. My hall director found it hilarious that people are willing to buy a rug with moose on it, and Hot Canadian Bacon said that I should've gotten it. But I didn't. :P

Saturday, our football team kicked ass. Literally. As in, our teeny program, which only recently joined Division 1 as of a year ago, went up against the Big 10 University of Minnesota Gophers. And we WON. 41-38! Seriously, it was an epic game, and regardless of how shitty the U of M has been, it's still huge for us.

However, there was one small downfall. Because we won such a huge game, it was inevitable that kids would go out and drink. We did in fact have one girl with alcohol poisoning, but the biggie was what they called a stranger assault in the freshmen complex. Where I am. Ohhhh yayyyyyy. :/

Again, those all happened Saturday night, when I was not only off but an hour away at home. So other than for the guilt of not being here, I am actually kind of glad that I had taken the weekend off...

Then because of the safety concerns, the Dean of Students and the assistant directors decided to have not only a CA meeting at 8pm, but two safety meetings for the freshmen buildings at 9 and 10. Which was all right, if not for the fact that at 8 we were having the Honors Association meeting.

Sorry to say, but the CA meeting took precedence over the association meeting. The girls may be pissed at me as it is, but the whole thing is a power struggle that I'm not going to get involved with. I'm not interested in debating to gain control over the bike share or t-shirts or anything else. But when it comes to CA stuff, I'm getting paid to do this job, and it's a hell of a lot more important than they realize. So I went to the CA meeting and did my CA duties. Ha!

The rest of the day was pretty much studying and/or socializing at the front desk. It was quite enjoyable as usual, even though by the end of the night I was giving up on reading and such. Then about once an hour Hot Canadian Bacon would come out of his apartment and hang with us, even though he should've been working on a paper of his own.

It was quite hilarious, however. Of the things that went down,

a) when someone commented that we were making fun of him (or something of the sort, it's a common occurrence), the first person he looked at was me. I called him out on profiling, then laughed. :3

b) He thought he was witty calling me the wicked witch of the Midwest.

c) He realized that I'm REALLY fucking small, as in learning that I'm not even over 100 lbs. He had to ask whether I was a size 0, which even though I wear size 3 jeans, I think I am closer to the smaller sizes....so then for about five minutes he couldn't get over the fact that he thought size 0 was just a myth, bahaha.

d) I had the chance to make a blow-up doll joke to him. He at least had a comeback for it, but it just made me giggle again. :3

e) He had to show off his battle scars from walking in the dark, tripped over his ethernet cord and smacked his head on the doorframe.

f) Rather than writing his paper, he put up pictures (and one effin' hilarious video) on Facebook. I made it known that I'm still holding a grudge that it's not his personal page and instead a 'student approved' one, but ah well. The weird thing was after the desk closed at 3, we all went separate ways and I had to check email and stuffs. Who's there on Facebook? Hot Canadian Bacon, bothering me to watch the video. /facepalm

Again, did I mention I spent most of the night at the front desk? As in from about 7pm to 3am. Lots of desk time, and I see him MUCH more than I do my own hall director....this is strange.

2 comments:

  1. Well other than for point E, I'd almost say you're close. And he does occasionally stare at me, even though I'm pretty sure he does that to a few of us from time to time. I tried staring back, but he's effin' relentless D:

    But otherwise, I doubt it. Over-romanticism on my part may skewer the interpretation of things...even though he's so very egotistical that it's not hard to hate him, either, bahaha.

    ReplyDelete