Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Epic Vacation Journey! - Day 1

I really had no idea this pen was purple till I started writing with it. Yes, I wrote this stuff in a journal, because I was without wi-fi for most all of it. Go figure. :/ Anyways, the package was purple and I knew the pen was gel, but still....and yeah, the pen is also purple, but I've been fooled before.

So this was a rather thrilling start to vacation. Spending our first night with tornado watches in the area....and we're in a trailer. Yeep.

I'm really glad I brought my laptop along. I was able to upload all 355 pictures at the end of the day, and hopefully I can delete them so I can get rid of the July 4th photos. Or I can do that via the laptop....

But between the picture taking and album listening in the car, it took me WAY too damn long to finish Don't Bargain with the Devil. I'm ashamed of myself....If I had actually paid attention, I probably would've had it done by the time we reached Mitchell, or Chamberlain at the latest. Yeah, forget that.

Al's Oasis was pretty cool too, as always. Our poor waitress though, she was blamed for losing our order when it really wasn't her fault. I just hope our tip was large enough to make her feel better. On another note, there were some pretty cute guys swarming the area too...I only got a picture of one of them though, 'cause he was sitting next to us. Two of them walked past outside, but it's hard to get pictures when it's dark inside and light outside, etc...but those other two outside were HOT.

Then when we made it to Pierre, we ended up getting directions from Uncle Ron on how to reach him at this old run-down house. Him and Aaron were taking out windows from it for salvage, because the guy was going to tear down the house and rebuild. I think the owner's a lawyer or something...very typical since the house is along the river. :P But anyways, we got to watch them take down a window (Dad had to help) and we got to say hi to Aaron too! :)

Later we checked out the Heritage Museum, then had Uncle Ron drive us around the Pierre area and to the Oahe Dam. I got lots of cool sunset photos there, plenty to experiment with! And only a little rain surprisingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment