Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Epic Vacation Journey! - Day 3

If we get a cabin at Sylvan, it'll SO be cabin 407. Take note.

Brad Paisley's Play album is also amazingly appropriate when driving in the Hills. Especially Needles Highway. Man, some of those songs fit it perfectly...

I finally got to see my lone buffalo sighting near the side of the road! It was so cool, and I think this might be the first time I've gotten a picture of a buffalo looking directly at me...spooky...

We came across a semi-former Brulé member at Mount Rushmore, Vlasis. My mom remembered him well; I just thought it was cool that he was with the band. He spent quite a long time talking with us, and even signed the CDs we bought of his! :D

Random note: I really love these giant throw pillows at Sylvan, they're so comfy....did I already mention that?

Lots of weddings in the area. One is here at Sylvan (and it wasn't the one we were meant to attend originally :P ), then we went to the Game Lodge to find another wedding. Another note: teh renovations to the Game Lodge are amazing!! And the bathrooms? Huge, and all motion-activiated! But these renovations are really good....

Most everything I've gotten are sweatshirts/clothing...but one is like my favorite Custer hoodie, and the other said "Mouth to Mouth Certified" on it, and I couldn't resist! :D

Sometimes I'm not even sure I'm pay attention to what I'm writing...this pen is just so smooth, and for some reason I like to watch my sloppy handwriting... :P

We spent most of the morning walking around Sylvan Lake. For once, I was willing to be adventurous, so Dad and I rolled up our jeans and waded through the lake to reach this small dam overlook thing. We weren't alone though; one other woman had done the same thing, so we talked to her for a bit. She was from Wisconsin, with another lady from WI, and they came 'cause they saw the lake on National Treasure. Man, that movie did lots for our tourism apparently. Anyways, then a really nice couple with a little girl crossed with us 'cause they too thought it looked cool.

Even better, the water was so nice and cool...it felt amazing afterwards. :D

Later on down the trail, we also ended up climbing up along the rock edge of the lake. MAN, now that was sweet! I was just glad Mom was willing to go up too, and I don't think she was disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment