Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Epic Vacation Journey! - Day 2

Well, while we were still in Pierre, we made a few trips: Walmart (depressing to admit), but the parents forgot toothpaste of all things. Then to the scrapbooking store to splurge. Then to Perkins for the best lunch of the trip! :D

Didn't leave Pierre till about 11:50, then was on the road for a short time to reach the 1880 Town. Lots of walking, but it was fun! One of the biggest highlights was a litter of kittens in this old haunted hotel...ok, it wasn't haunted, but it was a prime candidate. But DAMN they were cute! Then there was a saloon where I got a garter souvenir and watched a comedy performance in the street. Man they were funny, and the kids they picked were just as adorable. The kids' mom was standing by us, and she said they should tease the older one for his purple shoes. :P

After that was Wall Drug, so I got a shirt there. Not much new to report though, other than another cute guy sighting occurred. They seem to like tourist traps. :P

Took the Needles Highway by accident to get to Sylvan Lake, but it was a good mistake in my opinion. Very pretty at dusk, when we usually always go in the morning.

I wish I had done more reading on the trip though. And I need to remind myself to look up that Vampire's Seduction series...ahem....(Note to self: Books aren't really worth it after all, they kill William. Damnit.)

Oh, we also ate at Sylvan's restaurant. It was cute, with a formal feel and somewhat casual dining. Just different. (Another note: Tiffany said that Minerva's has taken over the dining of the lodges and stuff, or at least that's what we understand, so it makes sense. Yay for having Kara for a cousin now! :D )

I think I'm most fascinated with the size of our hotel room, it's huge! It even has a couch, giant closet, etc....the throw pillows are also huge, awesome!!

We also saw our first big horn sheep sighting--followed by three more! Sure was lucky to catch a picture of them all. They never seem to come out of the mountains. But none of them had horns, so I was a bit confused... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment