Friday, October 1, 2010

CopyPasta

As of these past two days, I've not had a solid break time to just do nothing....gah. To put it in perspective, my Wednesday went something like this:

9-10am - Class
10-1 - Finally have some time to sleep
1-2 - Eat
2-3 - Class
3-4 - Door decorations due the next day
4-6 - Watch soccer game
6-7 - Lab
7-8 - Tom Brokaw
12-3am - Front desk

Then today went:
9-10 - Class
10-11 - Eat
11-3:15 - Class
3:15-4:30 - Do my part and get soda for the Honors Lounge
5-6:30 - Neuharth reception dinner
6:30-8:30 - Neuharth awards
8:30-11 - Doing more CA work because kids don't know basic manners...
12-3am - Front desk

Although, lots of these really do need to be explained. For instance, the soccer game. Totally didn't have to go, but Hot Canadian Bacon was playing, and it's kinda expected of him to do well....he actually did a lot better than I expected. It was really funny, for a while it was tied 2-2 and HCB thought that the game shouldn't have been that close. But there was one moment where they finally passed the ball to HCB, he's nearly tripped by another guy, and still manages to score. Whistle blows directly after to end the game. Coincidence much? I've no clue....but it was pretty awesome to watch! And plus we had three other CA staff members there, so it was nice just to watch them all play.

Then directly after my lab I went over to the MUC to listen to Tom Brokaw. I had just kinda wandered in, no clue really where to sit, so I just picked the very end of a row near the front. Turned out I was technically in the fifth row from the front, aka last row of reserved seating,  and I didn't even have a ticket....but the lady standing right there let me stay, so it was pretty cool. And yes, Tom Brokaw was AMAZING to listen to!

Part of the reason why I had to say that I did my part with the soda was because I honestly don't know what else is actually getting done with Honors Association. They give me crap for not being able to respond to every damn email during the summer, but the past couple times I sent something to our HA president, she hasn't responded either. Not to mention I finally talked to her today face-to-face, and from the sounds of it they still have no idea what they're trying to organize. Seriously, I ask for them to make lists of who's in what committee, and they haven't bothered yet. I ask about elections and tunnel tours for Halloween that they did last year, and they haven't even thought about it. They can barely send out emails because we aren't using the actual HA email, we're going through Honors Program. So what have I done? Stocked the soda, and am now trying to get ahold of last year's president to ask about how to get tunnel tours started back up. Grrrrrrrr!

Not to mention someone decided to suggest Christina, Honors Association treasurer, to join our student advisory group with Dean Moen. I'm excited for advisory group to start back up, not so much with her, though. Speaking of people who won't keep up with HA goings-on, she said she'd take up on the lounge soda. Guess who isn't! Yayyyyyy... :/ Then on top of that, the meeting's on Monday at 4pm. Same day that I have staff meetings at 7. There's a Welcome Table dinner thing we're putting on at the community center. And Christina's got basically the same schedule between our meeting and sorority meetings. Knowing her, she'll try to fit in Welcome Table, and I just can't do that. So if anyone tries to give me crap about how she could do it, well I'm not going to make the mistake of pushing myself.

Once that was done I had to go to the reception dinner for the Neuharth award. A lot different from when they had Katie Couric, but most definitely for the better. I even got to shake Al Neuharth's hand! :D And I'd barely made it in too, I had to have Mr. Baldwin help get me in because I was a little past the sign-up deadline....but I can't help it that they've got Volante meetings the same time as my lab on Wednesdays, so I'm bound to miss out on some things. And I'm now assistant opinion editor, even though the job's not quite necessary. But our editor's Frank DePaula, and I don't know of many people who thought he'd be amazing at the job, lol. At least I'm there to help.

After that was the Neuharth award presentation deal, which was also very interesting. There was one row a couple rows up that had names on all the seats, the most reserved of the reserved seating. Well behind them was just more general reserved seating, so a couple friends from the Volante and such and I sat in the row right behind the names....so I was one row behind President Abbott and his wife on one side of  me, and the other side Frank Vega's two sons. Vega was one of the award recipients. And the event was televised.....again. Soooo I'm pretty sure I ended up on SDPB tonight. I know they're repeating it Sunday at 1pm, so I'm going to talk myself into watching...but I'm scared. D:

Annnnd now on top of that, I've got new frustrations with trying to send emails about how I can't take on the Volante assignment for D-Days they gave me because I'm on duty every hour that's available, save for maybe two shifts that I'd have to fit in somewhere in my schedule. Not gonna happen sadly. :(

I'm not even going to try and get into the kids on my floor, I'd rather just forget about them sometimes....too much stress on top of everything else. :/

^ All of that was what I emailed to my mom (sans the use of HCB). The parents are getting pissed that I haven't been able to come back on the weekends, much less have the time for them to come down and visit me. But with everything that's going on, it's just too much sometimes. Then last night before I wrote the email, HCB was there for me to vent to about HA stuff. Which was nice of him to stand there and at least semi-pay attention, since he's got his own busy schedules. But as I told him, I'm starting to see how busy his schedule is and why he gets in a bad mood from it all. Grawr.

I really should go do work. Bulletin boards are due tonight and I haven't really started. I have an annotated bibliography due at midnight. HCB went Walmart shopping with Brookney about an hour ago for food, but as I'm about 95% sure that he seriously left at noon to make a quick stop at the bar before his duty officially starts.....well then. lol. But I really should work on the bulletin boards before it gets too late, plus I think Nikki's still working the Ritchie/O desk so I may not have to check out the programming room key. Yussssss....

No comments:

Post a Comment