Last night felt more like Halloween than most nights...hell, this feels like it's been Halloween week. So much shopping and spending time with friends who I haven't had the time to hang out with since the spring....it's been roller coaster ride. But anyway, back to the past 48 hours.
Friday I worked 10am-2pm, rather than my normal 12-2 schedule. Nikki the staff assistant had a doctor's appointment to go to, so I got to cover for her. It was certainly fun, even though no one really stuck around long for any length of time. Except for the janitors, because the janitors are awesome! Shelley, the one who takes care of 3rd & 4th Beede, was running around in a witch's outfit with feathers and everything handing out candy. Then there's another janitor guy that comes by and talks with me all the time, but I can't remember his name...he comes to fix the vacuums every Friday. And this day we complained to each other about our jobs. He hates how little they pay him, and well....I've been tempted to not come back. It's going to absolutely suck not having HCB has a hall director, because he really was one of the best we've got. I'm all right with Kristi, but she doesn't do nearly as good a job. Even more amusing was when the hall directors came to the front desk and Dave was bitching about the charge cards for programming stuff. Apparently if we use up $100 of the $150 allotted to our floor, we have to go through four different approvals to use the card for that remaining $50. And Dave was pissed. But not surprisingly, HCB wasn't saying anything....which is understandable, he's going to be gone soon. Honestly, what sort of place is it if no one is satisfied?
After work I went over to Jean's place to hang out and have some fun. We had to wait a while for the two Sams to show up, so we made a Walmart run and get some food to make cookies and stuff. The most amusing part of going to Walmart now is that Chris is working there. First time I saw him in there I couldn't stop laughing for a good two minutes. But anyway, when we went back to her apartment and started making the cookies, one of her roommate's brothers came to visit. The roommate wasn't there, though, so he spent a good half hour or so hanging out with us talking. He was actually really sweet! And very easy to talk to, so that was also a plus.
Then around the time he left, Sam showed up. We decided to call Freshman Sam Frodo so we could tell the difference, lol. We hung out and played some music, ate a few cookies, Frodo came over, we had pizza, watched a cheesy movie that was just a little bit weird...sigh. There we go. Now to when we got ready for the Monster Bash over at Julian/Brookman. It took us a little while to get ready, so we didn't get there till about 10 when it started at 9, but it was probably a good thing. I'm glad I had Sam around to help with curling my hair and applying the makeup, she did really good! And thankfully the dress fit me perfectly, considering I ordered it online, lol.
Had some interesting reactions at the dance, though. One group thought it looked a little German, so I had to have my picture taken with one of the German exchange students. And that wasn't the only time that someone randomly wanted their picture taken with me.... o.o Probably the most interesting moment was when I had Captain Jack Sparrow pick me up and carry me toward the exit. Thankfully I knew the guy (Toast, one of the desk workers), but he said he'd been swapping hats with everyone that night. Because swapping hats with strangers was a lot better than picking up a stranger and carrying them out of the exit. XD
I'm glad that I don't wear skirts or dresses ever. And thankfully it was Halloween, to remind me why I don't wear skirts or dresses. But that's the nice part of Halloween--as Michelle put it, Halloween's the one time when you can dress like a slut and it's totally okay!
I have to admit, some of the outfits were awesome. My friend Walker was dressed as Rick Astley, Adam G. was dressed as Cristiano Ronaldo (brilliant), Adam F. was dressed as Britney Spears (only he could pull that off and fool people), Michelle was dressed as Juno, Kristi was Sue Sylvester, and many of the CAs were dressed as other CAs, as in they swapped name tags. Funniest one had to be Andrew's outfit though. He needed to go cheap, so he went with a robot. Tin foil all on a box with cardboard wings and everything. The funniest part was that on the front it said "Ju-Bot" (short for Julian) and on the back was binary, saying "Have a nice day". Amg, it was brilliant! And it was certainly interesting with Trapper acting as the DJ...but yeah. Pretty awesome. :3
Then at one point near the end I somehow ended up talking to Sures. To be more specific than before, I had made the comment earlier that HCB really should've been there for the dance. That one comment apparently spurred Sures to ask right away toward the end there whether I liked HCB. Well that threw me for a loop....so I went with the "What do you want to know?"
At least he laughed and went "Well that answer's obvious enough..." Which was then when he had to ask whether I'd asked HCB out. Nope.
"Why not? You two aren't in the same hall." o.O Well I know we aren't, but it still doesn't really change the fact that I work closer with him than I do my own hall director...and since I didn't really have the nerve to say part of it was because of job integrity, I told him my reasoning was because I 1) didn't think HCB really liked me all that much, and 2) I'm really freaking shy. Especially when it comes to any sort of commitment. And I really do in a way....I say no so much more than I say yes, partially because I very rarely like multiple guys. I might have options from time to time, but they're all theoretical. So I'm prone to having one interest and one alone. So when asked if I have anyone that may be option #2, I had to say no, not really. :/
Then later that night we went back to Jean's to watch How to Train Your Dragon. Woo!
Now on to Saturday. I got plenty of sleep, even though I pretty much just chilled in bed till 1pm, because I had to work the desk from 2 to 6. I think it was about 2:15, 2:30 when Hot Canadian Bacon crawled out--and it was very close to literal. He looked like he was only half awake, and the clothes were even worse...or better. The button-down shirt was only buttoned in one spot, and he was wearing a pair of women's athletic shorts that he got from his little brother at Christmastime. I'm not gonna lie, it was a nice sight....even though he kinda had to button up when a resident's parents and grandparents walked by, lol! XD
But it was pretty obvious he was extremely hungover, if anything still a bit drunk. He still smelled like alcohol and could only remember bits and pieces of last night, all of it sounding pretty hilarious. The stories came as he was trying to hand-stitch together two pieces of scarf together for the costume. And even that was difficult for him, because he dropped the needle twice. The first time I asked if he needed me to get it for him, and he said "No, this is going to be a test..." and he couldn't do it. So I had to get it for him both times anyway. :P
Then once Michelle and Alex came to the front desk, he was at least ready to get the makeup on. That was when I got to play with his freaking huge $3,000 camera and take pictures as they worked. Amg, it was fun...too much fun. I now kinda miss my photography days. D:
And I have to say, holy shit did he really look like the Mad Hatter once he had everything on. Seriously.
Then once I was done working, I went to Dairy Queen with Terrance and had dinner. It was pretty fun, and I got to nerd out just a little bit, too. Although I didn't realize until then that I had spent a whole minute talking about Doctor Who. You know how much information you can fit into a whole minute? Lots. So that was kinda surprising. :P
No comments:
Post a Comment