And I can't sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! And I get up at 8am to not only return the master key to its rightful place at the front desk, but I also will be on the road by 9 to run errands in Sioux Falls.
So what am I doing now? Eating Jello, creeping on absolutely no one on Facebook, and not sleeping. It's 5 AM, after all.
Ohhhh oh oh! Let me tell you why I'm awake!! :D WELL, I had gone to bed at about 2:40 I'm going to say, it wasn't long after I had finished taking my shower. So what happens at 3:30? The fire alarm goes off. AMG AMG AMG.
Pretty much it was like this in warp speed: "Is that the fire alarm? Fuuuuuck I don't wanna...kk, I'm hopping out of bed. Grab phone, got meh keys, door open--oh shit should put on my tennis shoes not sandals--now RUN DOWN DA STAIRS and to the front desk to get mah key!"
I then run back up the stairs and start our task of locking up doors and making sure no one is still sleeping in their rooms. I'd already done about four doors on the girls' side before I finally looked down the hallway and realized OH SHIT I can't see the other side real well through all the smoke. Now, two things I must point out. 1) I had not grabbed my glasses, so I was rather in the moment about most of what was happening. No idea where HCB was at this time, no idea that there was anything in the air when I left my room, nothing. Literally, I didn't notice anything in the air till I was opening and closing doors, and by then I was like "What the FUCK do I do, just keep on going or see if anything's burning?!"
I just kept on going. I was almost done with the girls side by the time Kristi came up the stairs to help, because where the fuck was my co? He had the night off. Fucking lucky bastard.... :/
Based on what we could determine, there was no actual fire, just some assholes who decided to play with the fire extinguisher on the guys' side. The supposed smoke was really just particles from the extinguisher, but still, that was a LOT of particles. For some reason, they thought it would be funny to drag a chair out of the study and into the hallway, then proceed to spray the chair with the extinguisher. Yeeeeah, real funneh. You've now got an entire floor pissed off at you and they want to see you PAY. No really, literally. :3
And of course, who gets to clean up after it? Kristi and I! So at 4 in the morning, we're vacuuming up the pretty yellow particles. I finished up at around 4:30, so that wasn't too bad. I had gone back to the front desk in hopes of getting my keys back, but nuuuu, the master key doesn't work on the mailroom. :P So now I've got the master until then. This would be a moment that would be a lot easier to come up with an excuse as to why I still had it, though. Kids still knocking to get into their room, door locked after everyone left, yeah...ha.
However, because I hauled ass so well going down 4 flights of stairs and back up those 4 flights, all after being asleep as of 30 seconds prior, I had finally gone outside and couldn't stop coughing. Yeah, one of those 'amg I think meh throat is bleedin' type of deals. I'm still kinda fighting it, which doesn't help with the insomnia, so I'm hoping the Jello does.
That means, after a bottle of Mountain Dew, a big can of Rockstar energy drink, the adrenaline from running up and down 4 flights of stairs, coughing up blood and an extra lung, and trying to sleep in a hot room...this whole sleeping thing isn't really happening. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment