Wednesday
After my French class, I went back to the dorms to make a call to the attorney general's office. The main problem has been that since September 29, I've been getting random phone numbers calling me, all of them from different states. I always ignored them because I just assumed they were looking for the real Mr. Schlagel again, but then I started wondering.....so I googled the numbers, and turned out that five of them were all connected to this Portfolio Recovery Associates business in Norfolk VA. Great, I had a fraudulent debt collection agency calling my number. I had about three other numbers calling, but those were other suspicious spam calls, so I put my phone on the Do Not Call list Sunday night. Anyway, the attorney's office was very friendly to me on the phone, but they just ended up directing me to the complaint form online. Ugh. So I filled that out when I got back to my room, no big deal.Not much else really happened until around 4pm, when I was at the front desk enjoying my downtime. No soccer tonight for some reason, instead it was now Thursday night. Which was probably a good thing, because around that time I suddenly had Holly (yes, THAT 401 room again) and Anna (bitchy one who doesn't know where her headphones jack is on her computer) coming to me at the front desk about switching roommates. Well apparently Anna didn't know her roommate Rachel had just gotten the OK to move into her new room. Gah, big mistake telling them that she was moving out anyway, because suddenly Holly was all on the ball about moving her stuff out of 401 and into Anna & Rachel's room, 403. Fuck, Rachel hadn't even gotten her new key yet and they were already trying to infiltrate. Of course they'd at least waited until Holly had finished filling out the room change request, but ahem.....you're supposed to wait till the hall director AND assistant director Lindsay had approved it. So technically, it was an illegal move-in. Ah well. The funny part was that then Sami (vacuum-fail 401) came to the desk saying she just didn't want to live on the same floor as Holly period, so I gave her a form to fill out, also. She was lucky, however, because who had just showed up? Lindsay. So Lindsay was nice enough to fill out the rest of it with her and approve it right there on the spot. Holy crap, now that was generous considering how fucking crazy all these girls have been....
On the upside, today I got an email from Rachel's mom thanking us for the swift room change. Wish it could've been quicker since she'd put in the request two weeks ago and they hadn't gotten to it till then, but ah well. Glad to be of service! :P
I'm still surprised that Lindsay and Kristi approved of Holly's room change, but ah well. Not going to question their logic every time. Meh.
6pm was my astronomy lab, which was all right. More fun was the Walmart trip afterward with Jean to do some shopping. Mostly because I owed Jordan a pair of earbuds. So I also threw in a 24-pack box of fruit snacks and a chicken rice 2-pack to make it up to her. For myself, I got string cheese, Jello cups that were actually the ORIGINAL kind, and a small pumpkin! Quite a successful trip, actually. :3
Thursday
Ahhh, Thursdays are always a bitch because I end up having to work the front desk from midnight to 3am, then get up at 8 for my French class. I was at least semi-conscious this time. Barely. I was trying my hardest to stay awake in Newswriting while listening to our guest speaker (he worked for the Washington Post, it was pretty sweet). XDIS was a special waste of time today because they made it a group work day.....yeah, when we have nothing to work on as a group. Fantastic! So we got as much done as possible, then left to go to the Honors lounge. I love the lounge, it's always fun in there!Actually, my day didn't really pick up until 6 when I went to the Commons to eat with Kacee and a couple of her residents. After we ate, HCB came up not long after dressed in his soccer gear. Apparently the other team didn't show up, so our team won by forfeit, but that at least made me feel better for not being there. He was also on a mission to get started on a calendar he wanted to put up on the bulletin board next to the Bump (convenience store peoples), but apparently my Co is not a person to ask when you want to get things cut out....and since no one was really jumping at the bit to go to the programming room and help, I decided I might as well. I also added in the fact that I didn't have anything pressing to do since I don't have classes Friday, so I enjoyed listening to HCB bitch a little about that. :3
So I went on an adventure to the programming room with him. It involved a lot of bitching about how crappy the diecut choices were, but how they're so freaking expensive, etc etc....he also had to include Canadian Thanksgiving into the calendar, which made me giggle. It was also a lot of him singing, particularly the same three/four lines over and over that was stuck in his head but he couldn't place what movie it was from.....thanks to him, I now can't listen to Total Eclipse of the Heart without laughing. :P It wasn't a particularly long adventure, only a half hour or so, but it was still fun!
Then of course, he had to get his flirtatious side out when Brandie came to the front desk. It's bad enough when some of the female residents walk by, primarily the ones involved in volleyball or some other sport. Brandie's our twirler for marching band and is a good friend of Laurel's, so I've known her for a little while--but he's also not very subtle when she's around. Which doesn't really seem to help the fact that she found him creepy the first time she met him....I'm almost certain that creepy feeling is still around, just to a tolerable level. She does have the whole athletic, blonde, and over 21 things going for her, however.
I have to admit, I am surprised that I've spent as much time as I have with him the past few days--alone for that matter. Of course, nothing ever happens 'cause he's technically my boss. But to wander around campus & Slagle Hall with him, and now work on bulletin board stuff, that's pretty cool. I still don't know why he felt the need to share that he gained about 12 lbs in the past week because of his shitty gluten-filled diet, but I'm not taking for granted the fact that he was willing to share that with me. And it's always little stuff that I pick up, too--like how today I learned that one of his favorite bands is Led Zeppelin. Random things like that.
I'm starting to wonder if I've done too good of a job hiding the fact that I like him. It's not a bad thing because I don't have to worry about what the other CAs would think or what repercussions would happen, but at the same time, it may take some work to dig out of that hole when May comes around....but at the same time, I'm not one to say "You have to wait for the next 7 months until you can start dating again" because wtf? Meh... oh well.
All right, two things to accomplish before I go to bed: Put up posters, and take a shower. Now go!
No comments:
Post a Comment