Today was a lot better than I anticipated. To start, I skipped my 9am French class Monday. I never skip classes. And this was the first time that I'd skipped out on a 9am class, too. So I was pretty much obligated to go this morning. However, I was not expecting the phone call from assistant director Lindsay at 8:20 asking about if someone threw up on the floor near the back exit or in the stairwell. Wellllll no, no one had. And while I should be pissed that you woke me up, you woke me up. Very nice, since I was afraid I'd end up sleeping in again. :P
So I got there, still knew most of what was going on, explained to the crazy professor why I slept through class (amazing how understanding they are about fire alarms at 3:30am and wakeup calls this very morning, even though he said "You need to move" :/ ), then came back to the dorms for about 45 minutes. Did a bunch of crazy work during that 45 minutes, then went to my 11am journalism class. I got to wander to the MUC with Bobbi and just people watch, it was the greatest assignment evar!!! And I knew about half the people walking around, so it just made the assignment better. Then after class I found Hot Canadian Bacon and Chris while they were getting food, so I chilled with them for a little bit. HCB was talking with Stephen (one of the hockey players), and now HCB knows firsthand how much work lies ahead for our team. Losing 18-2 isn't even the start of it.
XDIS wasn't that great as usual. Psych of Sex was not that noteworthy, either. Yote Floats were nice though, Jessie and I just crashed on a couple of couches in the Pit Lounge and people watched again. Longest 45 minute wait for 4pm...gah. At least things picked up when we had our CARS meeting, but that was just putting fliers in the napkin holders promoting CA recruitment.
THEN the real fun began after all this. I went over to McFadden to hang with Jean and Freshman Sam (totally different from simply Sam, who's my other half from last year :P ) and we made a Walmart run to pick up cake mix and other random stuff to make cupcakes! I think Freshman Sam will be a favorite of mine soon, because when we were walking into Walmart I made the comment that "The wind is blowing me into submission," and she actually responded with "Just like a man!" I swear, the two of us couldn't stop laughing for a good 5 minutes....We then gorged on other random food...and maybe Facebook creeped on HCB because neither had seen pictures of him...then I had to go over to 4th Richardson at 7 to have some fun.
Some fun you say? Oh yes. We were burning pot. Woo! Long story short, because they missed a step or two in CA training, DPS came to burn stuff like pot and sweetgrass so that we could tell the difference between them if we come across anything strange-smelling in the hallways or something. Fuuuuuun times that was! Except that Sam the DPS officer doesn't have quite the experience to burn pot well....so it took a few tries. By the end of it, we all vaguely smelled like pot, and it was amazing! Bahaha...which was the cause of the title. I had asked Sam check my sweatshirt and asked her "What do I smell like?" Her response was "Pot and FAILURE!" which made me burst out laughing, but she would know coming from West River...just sayin'. The Native Americans and rebels like their pot, and you get to know the culture even when you're not involved. :P
So I went straight back to McFadden and watched Glee with Jean, Sam and Freshman Sam. It was really pretty sweet, and since everyone wanted to procrastinate on homework, we played with makeup instead. I now know who to turn to for my Alice makeup! :3
I then worked the desk at 10-12am. Yay late night shifts! Except most of the people I saw were large groups coming back from tunnel tours....oops, was that tonight? :3 In my defense, I not only didn't want to give tours in the first place, but no one asked if I was going to give tours or anything. And as I really don't appreciate people just assuming that I'm willing to do tours, I didn't go. I worked the front desk instead.
Although, I did see HCB once at the very beginning of my shift, and again at the very end. Certainly not long enough, though. Almost like he's off in his own little world at the moment...and in a way, neither of us have really been around since about Friday. Saturday I was gone for most of the day, Sunday I was gone, Sunday night and most of Monday HCB was gone, and now Tuesday I was gone again. Sunday/Monday HCB went up to Mitchell because him and Chris had a funeral to go to in Kimball, which was a drive as it was from Mitchell...so the one time that I've actually had a chance to chat with him was Monday in the MUC when I saw him after class. It was only for 15 minutes or so, but still...it was mostly him pissed off that the directors had called him at 2:30am Monday morning because the duty keys from Ritchie/Olson was missing. And if the AA keys were on it, then that'd mean shit was going down....but again, he had a long drive in the morning for a funeral, and he didn't appreciate being called period. Sooo yeah. :P
He also asked if I was on crack because I suggested that Cabela's just might sell hockey shit, because duh they sell winter sports stuff. I didn't want to burst his bubble by saying I've got jewelry from Cabela's...lulz.
So yeah. He's going to get bothered by me soon. Because I'm pretty sure he's starting to worry a few of the other CAs, and he's definitely worrying me now. I know he gets stressed out by the homework load on top of the workload on top of the random shitload, but the shutting himself in his room or in the 'library' is worse than usual. And if this is what happens when he hasn't had sex in 6 months.....dayum.
I'm concerned this may be those 99 problems becoming 100....or 150. And that's the last thing he needs, a woman taking up his time. But if it is indeed Brandie, then good luck to him. Anyone who sends that many cryptic messages on Facebook to and about him is no good....take it from one who was guilty of that in high school. And when a 22-year-old is exhibiting the antics of high schoolers...well, she is from California. But still. All I can hope is that he's not responding to the immature tactics. :/
Now I have French review to work on, and hopefully get some sort of start on my observation paper for astronomy that's due tomorrow. I'm assuming an attempt at talking to HCB is a lost cause tonight.
I haven't had sex in 10 months, so I am 40% more spazzy than him. Lemme hit my head against this wall.
ReplyDeleteGoooo right ahead, the padded walls are safe for mind-bashing! XD And yeah, I'd say you've got it worse than him. He's just being a recluse now...But tomorrow's my lab/shopping trip to Sioux City, so best chance to see him would be if he's around during lunch. :/
ReplyDelete